Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Love my Treo 270 but want it to work differently. I want the dial pad, not the speed dial menu when I open it. I want easier access to my contacts list. I want to be able to redial without clunking my way to call history when Voicestream can't get a call through on first try... And I want to be able to disconnect a data call when I'm using One-Touch without having to click my way to the phone, and reply when it asks if I want to disconnect the data call. Anyone know a way to do any or all of those things????
    To redial just press and hold for a couple of seconds phonebook button. To dial number go to any phonebook screen and use the buttons with digits without any option keys or switching to dialpad.
  3.    #3  
    thanks
    As far as what application starts when you open the lid - get Buttons-T. You can remap the buttons and set the startup app. It's free and you can get it from palmgear - Buttons-T

5.    #5  
    downloaded, thanks, but upon reading reviews, have a question. will it allow me to open on the dialpad instead of the speeddial screen??
    No
  7.    #7  
    what about treobutton1.0b5 which i just found on palm gear???
    Im not sure, but I don't think it does either. I don't use it.
    Press Phone silver button twice and open the flip and voila! You got the dial pad.

Originally posted by idefix
    downloaded, thanks, but upon reading reviews, have a question. will it allow me to open on the dialpad instead of the speeddial screen??
  10.    #10  
    I know that. I want to flip open the lid and voila! without pressing ANY buttons!!
    I know that. I want to flip open the lid and voila! without pressing ANY buttons!!
    You can use the keyboard to dial your numbers while on either the Quickdial and Address books screens. The Treo will sense what you are doing and "Viola" it will take you to your Dial Pad! You should appreciate all this help instead of making fun of 'em.

Ed
    Visor Deluxe, Prism, Visorphone, Treo 270, Treo 600, Treo 650, and am eagerly waiting for the next generation Treo...but wait...is that the iPhone????
  12.    #12  
    cool, great thanks. but i wasn't making fun of anyone!

can anyone shed light on the different strengths and weaknesses of buttonsT vs. Treobutton??
    Last edited by idefix; 09/07/2002 at 05:04 PM.
    TreoButton is more more powerful that Buttons-T. It has more configuration settings. So you can launch more programs from the silver hardware buttons. Treobuttons have a Silver buttons only, Blue Option button + Silver buttons option, and a Shift Key + silver buttons. In essence, it allow you to launch 12 programs plus configure the flip action and jog push action.

cool, great thanks. but i wasn't making fun of anyone!

can anyone shed light on the different strengths and weaknesses of buttonsT vs. Treobutton??
    can treobutton program the treo to start at whatever page you had last been on after closing cover and reopening it...that would be cool.
    Originally posted by bashment
    can treobutton program the treo to start at whatever page you had last been on after closing cover and reopening it...that would be cool.
    It has a setting of do nothing, which brings up the last program you left off.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    that was real simple...........thanks
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    If you press the sleep button before opening the lid it goes to whatever app/function you last had open
    '01 Yamaha VStar Custom
    '70 Norton Commando S
    True. Had Buttons-T on my 270, then installed Treobuttons and it swallowed Buttons-T in one bite. Buttons-T disappeared and Treobuttons took in all the Buttons-T settings as its own. Very odd. Not a trace of Buttons-T left, which isn't a problem because Treobuttons is better. Anyone know what happened? Is that supposed to happen? Is there a Buttons-G (Gremlin) waiting in the treo wings for a moment to strike?
    Originally posted by Alli
    As far as what application starts when you open the lid - get Buttons-T. You can remap the buttons and set the startup app. It's free and you can get it from palmgear - Buttons-T
    Thanks for your hint. I synchonized the app. but it doesn't show on my TREO. Do you have an idea why? Can someone send me the file?

TREO 270/Palm OS v.3.5.2H5.0
    Last edited by Claudio Lingenhag; 09/10/2002 at 10:24 AM.
    Global Posts
    324 Global Posts
    It won't show up as an application - go to your system prefs, and it shows up in the drop-down menu.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast