1.    #1  
    Does anyone know what Handspring charges for not returning a "defective" unit when a replacement comes?
    Because they sent my replacement unit, and by the time I got it all transferred, I'd lost the shipping label. Not the box, I have that, but the Airborne paperwork.

They're supposed to send me another but it's been a week. I hope I don't see a big charge there...
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by lefty216
    Because they sent my replacement unit, and by the time I got it all transferred, I'd lost the shipping label. Not the box, I have that, but the Airborne paperwork.

They're supposed to send me another but it's been a week. I hope I don't see a big charge there...
    When I asked Handspring they mentioned something like a charge of $US159. Does that make any sense? If that's true it's worth keeping my "defective" unit since it still for the most part works.
    AS I recall from the Visor years that if you do not return the handheld, the credit card nubmer that you gave will be charged the full price of the handheld, as they assume you want 2, and thus will charge you for it...
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    If the unit is physically damaged or you void your warranty by isntalloign ghe GPRS patch, then you will be charged $159 to get the unit repaired/replaced.

Originally posted by asj7

When I asked Handspring they mentioned something like a charge of $US159. Does that make any sense? If that's true it's worth keeping my "defective" unit since it still for the most part works.