1. BRA
    I have have had ZERO success getting Sprint to make my Treo 300 work on the web. In short, I activated my phone on August 16, it took two days to get the phone to work and NEVER had web access. I had 20 plus call into Sprint Techs with about 10 service tags, no luck. Handspring sent another new phone to me two days ago. As of today no cell phone access and no web. I've been on the phone with Sprint for 2 hours today. What a waste of my time.

I like the Treo. Who out here has had success with another service provider such as Cingular or T Mobile that carries the Treo?? Are they any better than Sprint.

Sprint services is aweful.
    I'm sorry your experience has been so awful. If you had data running, the Treo is the best PDA/phone out there. I have found my Blazer loading speeds to have improved a lot since August 14 (the day my data became active). I share your disdain, though. It seems my phone became active more by luck and a little ingenuity on my part and less on the part of Sprint tech support. Oh well, that said, now that i no longer need tech support, my Sprint Treo experience is very positive.
    I guess there's hope for some. The rest of us must suffer...
  4. BRA
    I'm sorry your experience has been so awful. If you had data running, the Treo is the best PDA/phone out there. I have found my Blazer loading speeds to have improved a lot since August 14 (the day my data became active). I share your disdain, though. It seems my phone became active more by luck and a little ingenuity on my part and less on the part of Sprint tech support. Oh well, that said, now that i no longer need tech support, my Sprint Treo experience is very positive.

What kind of ingenuity did you do?
    After the tremendously poor customer service and 3G service I got during my initial 2 weeks -- I took my Treo 300 back. I'm really glad I did. Just got word today that within 2 months the Sony Ericsson P800 phone will be out on Cingular, Voicestream and AT&T. Now THAT is a PDA phone. Symbian OS (open), high res screen unlike Palm's tiny screens. Works on Java websites, and has a camera built-in on the back (not that I really care having that, but nice).

Sprint REALLY pissed me off with the Treo experience, as I've read of so many here in this forum. Looking forward to the P800....and no more Sprint.
    just goes to show that different people can have different experiences. I've had my device and service a week now (activated within 30 min - very nice) and all is well. In fact, I'm sending this via the Treo right this minute. COOL.
  7. BRA
    After weeks of hair pulling...just trying to get my Treo to work..it finally works. I must have spent 2 hours on the phone yesterday with Sprint trying to get them to make the phone function. I gave them to 5 pm to get it work for both the phone and web or I was canceling Sprint and moving over to someone else. At 4 pm the phone rang and my web browser fired up with my user name. Clearly someone did something right at Sprint. Note that this is my second Handspring Treo. The first phone NEVER fired up to the web. Handspring sent me another phone and it works, granted it took 24 hours for Sprint to make it function. I must admit that the Sprint folks did their best to help me, my only complaint is that ALL the sprint reps need to get on the same page in terms of the problems. I must have had 30 different people tell me 30 different points as to how to get the phone work. If there is a problem with the phone admit it.

The browser works great. Worth the wait.
    yeah some people do need to communicate with the others and listen to whatother have to say but as long you are in the authencation servers you can manually build a connection and get on and it's not that hard either

just ask them some basic questions

and reffer to this http://members.cox.net/pcslove/treo.html
    After more than a week I'm still awaiting data service on my Treo. But after numerous calls to Sprint I got what seems like a very legitimate explanation from a 3G technician. Apparently Sprint Vision activation is automated. So what happens is with such a high velocity of traffic it occasionally doesn't activate. So first they tell you to wait a little while and if that doesn't work than a 3G technician will manually activate your Vision. Apparently it takes a while to do it manually but it can and will work. He gave me his guarantee. I have to wait 5-7 freaking days cause of all the tickets they have for manual activation. He guaranteed that the phone has absolutely nothing to due with the problem. I'm taking his word for it cause he ws pretty high ranked, confident and scared sh*t. I was very, very stern and he understood I was very fustrated with this horrible problem. So by this upcoming Friday, I should be up and running. If not, then all hell is gonna break loose. Maybe not hell but I'm damned will I be pissed.
    > after numerous calls to Sprint I got what seems like a very
    > legitimate explanation from a 3G technician...

I got the same explanation. But after 10-20 calls including some lengthy sessions with a supervisor, Sprint ran out of ideas. They just don't know why the phone doesn't work. They tried manual activation, no go.

I got my Treo 300 on 8/15 and it works great as a phone, but the wireless web connection has never worked. Sounds like it's time to return it.
    That's freaking discouraging!!!
    Got mine on Friday August 8 and the network turned on Sunday 8/11. Data and voice have been working all along and are great. As for the phone, if anything, I have to turn down the phone volume. I even keep phone and data signal working in an elevator! For all the Pocket PC and symbian folks should remember that there are tens of thousand of free or cheap, working apps for the Palm (including apps that let you create and edit Office docs). As a result, I have been able to try several browsers and settled on Xiino, because it supports frames and javascript (which the current Blazer des not), as well as SSL and offers to turn off downloading images by default (with the option to load them on any individual page that you want!). The battery actually seems to be improving. It sucked at first. My only problem is Sprint's data pricing. I will go WAY over the 2MB data limit once it is no longer free. They need an "all you can eat" plan.