Global Posts
    265 Global Posts
    I just got my Treo 270 last week so I am new and kind of confused about the gsm and gprs. I have not yet signed up with the Cingular Wireless plan. Do I have to sign up for gsm first and then install the gprs when it becomes available, or can I wait until the gprs becomes available and just make a fresh install with the gprs?
    I am amazed at the knowledge that I read in many of these posts so I value your imput.
    morris stalk
    GSM is the voice phone service. You have no choice with GSM as that is the network for your phone.

What you really want to know about...

"Wireless Internet" option provides the ability to access the Internet via the GSM network, i.e. you make a dial-up data call using your voice minutes.

"Wireless Internet Express" option provides the ability to access the Internet via GPRS, i.e. you don't use your voice minutes but instead are charged by the amount of data you send or receive.

Its up to you if you activate wireless Internet service now or later. Cingular charges different fees for each option and I'm sure they will let you switch from one option to the other.
    Global Posts
    265 Global Posts
    Thank you for your clear answer. The Cingular service personnel were not really able to tell me the difference.
    morris stalk