1.    #1  
    Has anyone gotten the Mark/Space FAX program to work on the Treo 300?
    Use these settings:

Speed 19200
    Type: Class 2.0
    Use CTS/RTS (checked)
    Init String ATZ

I sent a fax the other day.
  3.    #3  
    Actually, what finally worked was setting the port to Wireless Modem and then the Modem setting reset itself from Handspring Treo to Other/Custom. That worked (along with setting to Class 2.0).
    When I try to set wireless modem on port 1 @ 57600 and something else on port 2-I tried various settings I cannot enable pass thru-if pass through is not enabled mark/space fax will not try to configure the modem and gives a message "cannot open serial port" I have reinstalled the fax software to no avail-does anyone have a suggestion?
    i try to send a fax via mark/space and keep getting error: unable to open serial; port" (i set it to "wireless modem" not "serial port" what gives?
    I got the markspace fax software to work fine on my treo, but beware, sprintpcs charged me 39 cents a minute for each fax (showed up as wireless web on my bill)
    This is true unless you pay $5-/mo for wireless web.
    With a vision plan, they won't allow you to add the wireless web option - as I've been told today.
    Global Posts
    282 Global Posts
    Try downloading the latest version of Mark/Space. I was trying to use a prior version and it didn't work. I installed the newer version and presto, bingo, bango (that's the technical description for it) - it worked. Had to tweak a couple of settings. Remember to have the phone on, but not connected to Vision.
    With a vision plan, they won't allow you to add the wireless web option - as I've been told today.
    I've read somewhere on this board that Sprint will let you have wireless web option even with vision. If this isn't true then sending a fax will be charged 'casual' wireless web use ($0.39/min). Right?
    ChemEngr, I was told twice today (over the phone, pcs store) that I couldn't add wireless web and would be charged the .39 cents a minute.

Let me expound on that: Customer service told me I should be able to fax with my "minutes bucket" and that the wireless web minutes were a mistake (credited my account for the amount), and asked me to talk to tech support to see if the charges can be fixed in the future. Tech support said that wireless web minutes would be used and that I couldn't add the option to my plan. The Pcs store seconded the "can't add" part and had no idea if I should or shouldn't be able to fax without the charges.
    OK, thanks for sharing. Here's another scenario. I setup another network connection in Prefs to dial in to my ISP (long story why). I dialed in and got connected. My bill reflected 2 min of casual wireless web. Shouldn't I be able to use my minutes bucket for this too. I'm very interested in Sprint's answer, whatever that may be. Please post whatever you find out.
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    I am using Rovenet PFAX sice I got the TREO as my EFax PQA does not work. PFax works fine to send faxes. You set it up with a password and user name. Pretty easy. They charge $15 .
    I am using Rovenet PFAX sice I got the TREO as my EFax PQA does not work. PFax works fine to send faxes. You set it up with a password and user name. Pretty easy. They charge $15 .
    So how does this call/data connection show up on your bill? Do you use vision to log into a website and input the fax no. there or do you dial the fax number directly? Might want to check if they are charging you "casual wireless web" minutes.
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    You go to a website and input your fax there.So it is pretty fast.Never more than 5-10 seconds with 50 + faxes. I also have unlimted data.