Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1.    #1  
    I've just gotten the new treo and despite previous posts I'm having very few problems accessing data. (The phone and PDA works great too.) That said, I can't access my SMS messages. I get a notification but when I try to connect I get an error message. Has anyone been able to work through these?

    tia
  2. #2  
    What do you mean "connect"? The SMS app should activate with Option-Phone hard button.
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by mblank
    What do you mean "connect"? The SMS app should activate with Option-Phone hard button.
    When I bring up the SMS app (using Option-Phone) it shows that I have received SMS messages and lists when they arrived but tells me I need to Extract the URL. When I click through the link I get back an error message that reads "Cannot Display Requested Page....etc."
  4. #4  
    I don't know what's in your SMS messages, but they can only be something like 160 characters in length. There's nothing else to see (until an upgrade or third-party app comes along to add some needed functionality).
  5.    #5  
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by mblank
    I don't know what's in your SMS messages, but they can only be something like 160 characters in length. There's nothing else to see (until an upgrade or third-party app comes along to add some needed functionality). [/QUOTE

    The messages that have been sent are short - I can view them via a normal internet web browser (i.e. PC) by logging into my site. However,they do not appear on my Treo. The only 'message' I get is ...

    "You've got Short Mail, extract this URL. (and a URL is listed that won't load)

    Is this the screen you see?
  6. #6  
    Try sending yourself an SMS via email.

    ##########@messaging.sprintpcs.com
  7. #7  
    There's a difference between Short Mail (which I didn't think was implemented yet) and SMS. Does anyone here know about ShortMail on the Treo?
  8.    #8  
    Originally posted by denik
    Try sending yourself an SMS via email.

    ##########@messaging.sprintpcs.com

    I tried this and it got bounced back with an "invalid user" message. I sent an email to my Sprint email (at the same address but without "messaging" and this one arrived. Any thoughts?
  9. #9  
    There is some confusion between Short Mail (MO-SMS) and Text Messages (one way SMS: Receive only....this is the @messaging.sprintpcs.com address). PDA Apps is working on a MO-SMS application for the Treo 300. It will supposedly work with Sprint Short Mail for sending and receiving and should make the Treo 300 complete. Let's hope it comes out soon!!!

Posting Permissions