1.    #1  
    Finally after much hoopla I have SPCS business connection up and running. It is fairly cool thoug I am disappointed in the calendar features (wish there was a way to sync the calendar).

I am able to receive mail via PUSH no problems, as many users have posted on the web site (thank you for this helpful info) but for some reason I cannot send mail.

I compose it, send it out, it connects to the server, and then it never shows up. So far, I've sent about 5 messages and it's been about an hour, no sign of the messages showing up at my other accounts.

Any help here is appreciated. SPCS has not been too great in resolving BC issues.
    Originally posted by doctorc
    Finally after much hoopla I have SPCS business connection up and running. It is fairly cool thoug I am disappointed in the calendar features (wish there was a way to sync the calendar).

I am able to receive mail via PUSH no problems, as many users have posted on the web site (thank you for this helpful info) but for some reason I cannot send mail.

I compose it, send it out, it connects to the server, and then it never shows up. So far, I've sent about 5 messages and it's been about an hour, no sign of the messages showing up at my other accounts.

Any help here is appreciated. SPCS has not been too great in resolving BC issues.
    If you can provide some further information on your configuration on the desktop/laptop that you have the BC software running on, I might be able to provide some insight. For example, are you running Notes, Outlook or an IMAP server? Is the desktop/laptop that you have the BC software running on connected to your office network at the time you're sending emails from the BC app on the Treo? I am also puzzled with your statement regarding "no sign of the messages showing up at my other accounts"? Please clarify this.
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by enagel

If you can provide some further information on your configuration on the desktop/laptop that you have the BC software running on, I might be able to provide some insight. For example, are you running Notes, Outlook or an IMAP server? Is the desktop/laptop that you have the BC software running on connected to your office network at the time you're sending emails from the BC app on the Treo? I am also puzzled with your statement regarding "no sign of the messages showing up at my other accounts"? Please clarify this.
    Sorry, and thanks for the help. I should have been more clear.
    Running BC on Lotus Notes (personal edition) on my laptop here connected in the office. Lotus notes is running at the time that the messages are sent out via my treo. The BC server is connected (icon is green in tray). I am able to do all other things with BC (check calendar on my mobile device, check corporate contacts, and even RECEIVE mail, just not send).

We've been having some issues with Notes here that the IT guys are trying to work out. I'm willing to chalk it up to that or maybe just very slow mail servers on the outgoing side at Sprint?
    I'm using OUTLOOK on my desktop and just recently noticed that I am no longer able to send from my TREO, though this worked fine a week ago...I haven't done much sending of mail from my TREO, I mostly read my mail...so I'm not sure of the exact timeline for when this problem cropped up.

The web version of BCS works fine. I'm able to send mail from there, and everything is sync'ing OK.

Like doctorc, when sending mail, everything appears to work correctly (connects to BCS, etc.), but no mail ever shows up. The only way to confirm this is to send mail to yourself...it never arrives.

Incoming mail is pushed to the TREO without a problem.

Strange....

Sorry, and thanks for the help. I should have been more clear.
    Running BC on Lotus Notes (personal edition) on my laptop here connected in the office. Lotus notes is running at the time that the messages are sent out via my treo. The BC server is connected (icon is green in tray). I am able to do all other things with BC (check calendar on my mobile device, check corporate contacts, and even RECEIVE mail, just not send).

We've been having some issues with Notes here that the IT guys are trying to work out. I'm willing to chalk it up to that or maybe just very slow mail servers on the outgoing side at Sprint?
    It appears from your description that you're configured correctly. I'm running Outlook and just ran a test sending myself an email using the BC app on the Treo and it came through quickly and fine.

Are you running the latest versions of the BC desktop app as well as the Treo app? If you are, the only thing I would suggest once your IT guys fix the items on your Domino servers would be to do a delete and fresh install of both software pieces.
  6.    #6  
    Originally posted by TexBear
    I'm using OUTLOOK on my desktop and just recently noticed that I am no longer able to send from my TREO, though this worked fine a week ago...I haven't done much sending of mail from my TREO, I mostly read my mail...so I'm not sure of the exact timeline for when this problem cropped up.

The web version of BCS works fine. I'm able to send mail from there, and everything is sync'ing OK.

Like doctorc, when sending mail, everything appears to work correctly (connects to BCS, etc.), but no mail ever shows up. The only way to confirm this is to send mail to yourself...it never arrives.

Incoming mail is pushed to the TREO without a problem.

Strange....
    Thanks for posting here and letting me know I am not alone. It took me a long time to get BC set up due to some lotus server issues here, so I'm glad that at least I am not alone with this problem.

Anyone else having this problem?

I have confirmed the following:

1) can send directly from my copy of lotus notes on my desktop machine here in the office -- the mail makes it out to my yahoo account in under 60 seconds

2) can receive mail on both treo and the bc website being pushed to my treo (mail that arrives being sent from either my yahoo account to lotus, or from someone else in the company via lotus, or even sent via lotus on my desktop machine to myself)

3) all other bc features work perfectly both on web site and on treo itself.

4) cannot receive e-mail that I have sent myself via the BC app on the Treo (if I send via Eudora on the treo it gets to BC app on treo via push just fine). In other words -- if I send mail using the Treo BC applet, the mail never seems to reach its destination.

Also, have any of you noticed with the 'file share' feature of BC that when you share a folder, which may have subfolders, it seems you cannot access the subfolders within that shared folder? Maybe this is due to me using NTFS at work? Anyone else able to access subfolders within a given shared folder?

Thanks again for all the help here.

Thanks for posting here and letting me know I am not alone. It took me a long time to get BC set up due to some lotus server issues here, so I'm glad that at least I am not alone with this problem.

Anyone else having this problem?

I have confirmed the following:

1) can send directly from my copy of lotus notes on my desktop machine here in the office -- the mail makes it out to my yahoo account in under 60 seconds

2) can receive mail on both treo and the bc website being pushed to my treo (mail that arrives being sent from either my yahoo account to lotus, or from someone else in the company via lotus, or even sent via lotus on my desktop machine to myself)

3) all other bc features work perfectly both on web site and on treo itself.

4) cannot receive e-mail that I have sent myself via the BC app on the Treo (if I send via Eudora on the treo it gets to BC app on treo via push just fine). In other words -- if I send mail using the Treo BC applet, the mail never seems to reach its destination.

Also, have any of you noticed with the 'file share' feature of BC that when you share a folder, which may have subfolders, it seems you cannot access the subfolders within that shared folder? Maybe this is due to me using NTFS at work? Anyone else able to access subfolders within a given shared folder?

Thanks again for all the help here.
    Are your IT guys running Domino 5.x and Notes 4.6 or 5? Also, I am confused with your description of file share feature? If you mean file access, you can designate one file folder for access, however, subfolders are not accessible.
    I just tried this on Thursday at 12:34 pm cdt and it is working ok.

My configuration is personal edition, outlook, MS Exchange server.
  9.    #9  
    Originally posted by enagel

Are your IT guys running Domino 5.x and Notes 4.6 or 5? Also, I am confused with your description of file share feature? If you mean file access, you can designate one file folder for access, however, subfolders are not accessible.
    Hi and thanks agian IT guys are running Domino R5 and Lotus Notes 5.0x

Thanks for the info on the file access -- glad to see it is not a bug but rather a 'feature' that you cannot access subfolders (kind of a bummer though, as I'd like to be able to access all my projects, which are of course arranged in folders). Maybe they will add that feature, along with a calendar sync feature

Hi and thanks agian IT guys are running Domino R5 and Lotus Notes 5.0x

Thanks for the info on the file access -- glad to see it is not a bug but rather a 'feature' that you cannot access subfolders (kind of a bummer though, as I'd like to be able to access all my projects, which are of course arranged in folders). Maybe they will add that feature, along with a calendar sync feature
    Sorry, I couldn't help further on your email send problem. In terms of added functionality for BC, it has been rumored in some of the other threads here that at least attachment viewing is being considered for an upcoming release. The good news is that the software is constructed for SPCS by Seven (see www.seven.com) instead of SPCS.
    One thing to check is the file slingshot.txt in the \Program Files\Sprint\PCS Business Connection directory. I have used that a couple of times to debug send and receive problems.
    I have tried to get BC to work on my Treo 300 and continue to have problems. I am running Personal Edition on my desktop, with Outlook connecting into Exchange Server.

I have no problems with accessing BC over the web, but when I run the client on my Treo, I can connect the first time and sync. I might be lucky and successfully sync one or 2 more times, but after that, I get error messages saying that the server couldn't be contacted, please check the connection, or some such nonsense. I can go on the web at that moment and connect.

Anyone else having such an issue?

Geoffrey
    After uninstalling and reinstalling BC software (on the TREO) for the nth time, everything seems to be working....including send mail.

For doctorc, I stongly suggest completely uninstalling the BC software on your TREO, downloading a NEW version of the software from Sprints web site, and reinstalling on your TREO.

The last time I did this, there were some unfamiliar steps having to do with security key incription that suggests to me that either the software has been updated on the Sprint side, or I did an incomplete job of completely uninstalling and then reinstalling the BC software on the TREO.

Hope this helps...we'll see how long I continue to maintain full functionality, but one lesson I've learned is to always cc email to yourself, because you may not be sending it out at all!
  14.    #14  
    Originally posted by TexBear
    After uninstalling and reinstalling BC software (on the TREO) for the nth time, everything seems to be working....including send mail.

For doctorc, I stongly suggest completely uninstalling the BC software on your TREO, downloading a NEW version of the software from Sprints web site, and reinstalling on your TREO.

The last time I did this, there were some unfamiliar steps having to do with security key incription that suggests to me that either the software has been updated on the Sprint side, or I did an incomplete job of completely uninstalling and then reinstalling the BC software on the TREO.

Hope this helps...we'll see how long I continue to maintain full functionality, but one lesson I've learned is to always cc email to yourself, because you may not be sending it out at all!
    Thanks for the advice. Looks like this service (much like PCS Vision itself) is not ready for prime time yet. Good thing this is also free for the first 3 months. I'll be cancelling it the day that I have to start paying for it, if they can't get all the bugs worked out by then.
    There is functionality built within the desktop/laptop BC software where it is supposed to notify you when a new version of software is ready for installation. When you download the new version, the BC app for the Treo is included with it. To be on the safe side, however, it is a good idea to log into your BC account on bc.sprintpcs.com occasionally, click on Settings and then check the software versions for both the desktop and the Treo apps against what you're currently running.
  16.    #16  
    I'm reinstalling the software now and I'll post back here if it seems to work... Thanks again for all who have helped with this. I guess if worse comes to worse I can always just use the 'web' interface feature part of this over WAP, which may be more reliable untilt hey get the kinks worked out.
    enagle,

The 'functionality' that you refered to is sometimes not very functional...when BC tried to update my software recently (last weekend?), the TREO crashed...I had to go in and undelete all of my BC software and reinstall it again by hand. I assume this is related to my problems trying to send email, but it took some playing (several tries) to completely delete and then reinstall the new BC software with success.