Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The reason there isn't bidirectional SMS yet with the T300 isn't entirely Handspring's fault. Sprint uses a proprietary SMS system that is accessed via WAP. Although Blazer is WAP capable, but it provides it via a proxy server hosted off of Sprint's network. Sprint blocks outside access to their WAP server.

Now, having said that, Sprint is supposedly refreshing there SMS (if you want to call it that) to stay reasonably current with standard SMS's newer MMS (multimedia) capabilities, as well as offering off-line creation of messages (now that they are charging by the byte instead of by the minute.) Sprint's system isn't ready yet, and therefor Handspring didn't wait for the system to get turned up (whenever that will be) for them to release the Treo
    Originally posted by darnell

You got any documents from credible sources to back that up? Not saying you are wrong, but I'd like to have proof that you are right .
    I think the proof is in that no other Sprint PCS Vision phone offers full "duplex" SMS yet...

I did however speak to a Handspring rep at the recent Sprint developers forum in Vegas and she confirmed what I had already concluded.

No documentation, but hopefully that is convincing enough (if it isn't I choose to blame it being late on a Friday night!)
    hmm - I was at that same conference at the MGM Grand. What a small world.
    Originally posted by Fyr654321

I think the proof is in that no other Sprint PCS Vision phone offers full "duplex" SMS yet...

I did however speak to a Handspring rep at the recent Sprint developers forum in Vegas and she confirmed what I had already concluded.

No documentation, but hopefully that is convincing enough (if it isn't I choose to blame it being late on a Friday night!)
    Ouch ... this is most likey considered technological minutia ... but there ain't NOTHING "full "duplex""" about SMS messageing. Welllll ... a phone by definition IS full dpelex since it can transmit and receive at the same time, but SMS does not duplex anything. What Treo SMS can NOT do is one half of the journey ... It can RECEIVE, but it can not SEND an SMS message. It is bi-sexu ... oops, I mean directional.

That ain't duplex anything. SMS is not duplexed in any sense of the word, unless one is trying to sound techonogically literate and has no idea the definitions of the terms they are using.

Gary
    Guardian of minutiae
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    OK. We all can't wait, and it appears that we will have to. To the one beta tester: Do you use the SprintBC ? Does this "upgrade" have any effect on the triggered pull sync functionality ?
    few days eh?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12