Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    I am very new to this wireless e-mail thing and I have a very basic question.
    Is there a program that will allow me to view headers of my mail messages and then download just the ones I want?

Basically I am trying to find a way to check my mail but be able to limit the number of kbs I use each time.

Thanks
    - Jim
    Eudora will kinda do this. In the "Receive" settings tab (in the Account settings) you will find a setting that says "Fetch first __ lines."

I haven't tried setting it low, but I'm assuming you could set it to 1, or maybe even 0. After d/l the message, you can view it and at the bottom of the message you will have a clickable link that says "download the whole message on my next download," and when you next log in, you'll get the whole message!

Hope this helps. Not sure if it was what you are after or not.

Happy hunting!

<C>
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Thanks Creideiki.

I found the info on that Eudora feature. So far, this is the only e-mail client that I have found to have any sort of "preview" or manual download filter function.

- Jim
    Multimail Pro 3.1 - provides header only download as well as selective downloads of marked mails from POP servers. Supports IMAP too.
    Aileron from Corsoft (www.corsoft.com) has this capability.
    so, in fact, do most palm pop clients, I've yet to see one that doensn't let you limit the amount you download. ...now user-friendliness for downloading the rest..? that's different. Eudora is good.
    Originally posted by JimOSU
    I am very new to this wireless e-mail thing and I have a very basic question.
    Is there a program that will allow me to view headers of my mail messages and then download just the ones I want?

Basically I am trying to find a way to check my mail but be able to limit the number of kbs I use each time.

Thanks
    - Jim
    OneTouch, which comes with your Treo does this. Though I should note that for some reason I couldn't get that to work this morning on mine. I know it used to. Odd. Perhaps it got replaced with the GPRS update. Time to go sleuthing....