1.    #1  
    Hi all,

I've gone through many treos and my Verizon 755p's have been giving me fits. I never had this problem with any of the previous treo models.

I purchased a used 755p and soon after getting it, it would make me enter the password twice in order to access the device. After entering the password the first time, it would just turn off - not shut down. I press a button and re-enter the password and it would work. I thought "shame on me" for getting a used phone. Now I have purchased two new phones and the second one is having the same problem. It doesn't always happen though. But frequently.

Any help is appreciated.
  2.    #2  
    2 for 2 on these, and almost 300 views and I'm the only one having this problem???

Another weird thing happened last night while at the airport. The screen would start fading out to white. After I got out of the building and into the plane it stopped happening. Gremlins???

Still hoping to get a reply to the first question. Also purchasing a centro to see if it's any better...
    No, never seen it. Did you possibly sync an older model (600,650,700p) back-up to your 755p when you first got it? That could cause some strange behavior as the older models' operational files may not be compatible with the 755p.

Or, you may have nailed it when you said you bought used. Maybe you inherited someone elses problems.

Sorry!
    bk
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by krazman View Post
    No, never seen it. Did you possibly sync an older model (600,650,700p) back-up to your 755p when you first got it? That could cause some strange behavior as the older models' operational files may not be compatible with the 755p.

Or, you may have nailed it when you said you bought used. Maybe you inherited someone elses problems.

Sorry!
    bk
    Hi Krazman, thanks for the reply.

I was using a used model, and did in fact upgrade from an older model, however the one I am using now is supposedly new and I did a clean install of Palm Desktop and imported my contacts/to-do/calendar items.

I think I figured out the "fade to white" issue. The screen has started "doing the jitterbug" as well and pressing on the back cover fixes it. I'm guessing just a hardware issue (bad contact or something). I have a bad habit of putting these phones in my back pocket....

I'm looking forward to trying the Centro!
    Thanks again.
    Sorry, vf-guy. I've had my 755p for almost 3 years and haven't had your problem.