Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Has anyone tried this on the 300? I can't even get to the web page from my browser (gets an error saying I have an invalid MIN and to contact Customer Service ... NO! Anything but THAT!!!).
    Yup...I've used it. I don't think it has anything whatsoever to do with the 300...it has to do with how Sprint PCS has set up your account. I've even changed address entries at the web site since I've had my Treo. Sounds like SPCS (no) service is your only hope!
    I've tried it and it works great. In fact I created a speed dial button for it and moved it to the first position where the voice mail buttin normally is. This way it is really easy to get to voice command with the jog dial.
    Any news on hardware based voice command? I was surprised this was not built into the 300. I know there are voice memo apps out there, so I would think that a voice command app would be possible. It would be cheaper and faster, I assume.
    [i]I know there are voice memo apps out there, so I would think that a voice command app would be possible. [/B]
    Really? I don't think so. The voice and the OS are very well segregated.
    I really wish that there was a voice dial thing on the Treo (as with many other phones on the market today). I hope we at least start seeing 3rd party applications that allow for this capability.

One other thing I would like to see (like on the Nokia phones), is to automatically activate the voice dialing by holding down the button on the hands-free headset. This way, I'll hardly ever have to take the phone out of my pocket.

I don't even know of any voice memo apps for the Treo. If you know of any, I'd sure like to try it.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    How exactly do you use SPCS voice command on the 300? Could someone take me step by step through programming and using this feature?

Thanks in advance.

David
  8.    #8  
    Hit * TALK on your phone. It walks you through the setup...
    So far, this is the most amazing and useful feature of the Sprint service I've experienced. After logging into my account on the Sprint PCS website, I imported several categories from my Outlook contact file into the Voice Command service -- and now, with the touch of a single key (this feat achieved by programming the * into one of the Treo 300's speed dial buttons), I can call up to 500 people! Sprint's voice recognition software eliminates the need for you to train your hardware for each of your contacts, and does a very good job of recognizing names that most people would screw up. This and the Treo 300's ability to sync its Address Book with my entire Outlook contact file are great timesaver and are what make this device and service worth the cost for me. Good luck!
    What is even cooler about voice command is that you can say "call email" and if you have the business connection and setup the setting on the voice command web site it will actually read your email to you!
    I didn't really start using voice command until today. WOW! I did the website sync software install, and it syncs your Palm desktop to the voice command addressbook.. even does it on a schedule so you're always able to voice command dial anyone.

But check it out! "call joe smith at work" Ha ha! You can say "at home" "at work" "at mobile" etc. That thing is awesome.

Put * as your top-left speedial. Open the treo with a thumb-flip, hit the jog dial with your index finger, and you're already talking! Too bad there is no way to default the speaker phone.
    is this a free service? I was under the impression that sprint voice dial incurred an extra monthly charge.
    Originally posted by CySurflex
    is this a free service? I was under the impression that sprint voice dial incurred an extra monthly charge.
    It's $5/mo.
    Having trouble syncing my Palm Desktop Addressbook with Voice Command. Any clues?
    Originally posted by debf
    Having trouble syncing my Palm Desktop Addressbook with Voice Command. Any clues?
    Seemed a little squirrely from the website. I have not had any problems using the thing in the windows tray, but it doesn't have a good exception log.

If you initiate the sync via the website, it has an exception log which tells why particular entries didn't sync. I'm not sure.. are you getting that far at least?

In my experience, the only contact entries which caused problems were ones without at least a first name. So I've changed my Palm contacts which only have a company name, to put the company name in the first name field.
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    When I go to the web page and try to access my address book, it prompts me to sign up for a woreless web e-mail account. I don't think I need to, but even if I try, it just puts me back to the main manage page.

Anyone esle have this priblem ?
    Originally posted by potatoho

It's $5/mo.
    It's free for the first 3 months.
    Originally posted by KKenna
    When I go to the web page and try to access my address book, it prompts me to sign up for a woreless web e-mail account. I don't think I need to, but even if I try, it just puts me back to the main manage page.

Anyone esle have this priblem ?
    Probably the site is not compatible with your browser. I had to use IE to originally download the sync software. Though the rest of the stuff, i.e. manually editing address book, worked fine in my mozilla browser.
    I have been trying to get Voice Command to work since August. Sprint just keeps telling me that "it's a system problem" and they don't know when it will be resolved. They have actually deleted my account, and reset it twice, they still cannot get it to work. When I go to the Voice Command portion of the website, I get the "Incorrect MIN, Error 1143".

Has anyone had any luck getting Sprint to fix this problem?

Vicky
    Originally posted by vickyfranklin
    I have been trying to get Voice Command to work since August. Sprint just keeps telling me that "it's a system problem" and they don't know when it will be resolved. They have actually deleted my account, and reset it twice, they still cannot get it to work. When I go to the Voice Command portion of the website, I get the "Incorrect MIN, Error 1143".

Has anyone had any luck getting Sprint to fix this problem?

Vicky
    What happens when you dial '*' on the phone? My memory is fuzzy about that, but wasn't there some kind of walk-through it did, similar to setting up voicemail. Maybe that will give an indication about what's broken, though I have no idea. Seems to me they have poor design on things like that, such as my SMS not working until I did some goofy thing on the web site, or the smtp-auth not working until I assigned a mail password in a special section of their site.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast