1.    #1  
    Tried several times to resolve through normal channels. A friend in the Netherlands is showing interest in hacking Palm software. I don't agree with software piracy but there is an interesting question around the legality of hacking software you have paid for to make it work. I have received registrations for 3 of the 5 programs I recently purchased. Unfortunately, I paid for all 5.

From: PalmGear.Com ESD Software Dept. [mailto:software-orders@palmgear.com]
    Sent: Thursday, August 29, 2002 7:59 AM
    To: Tinsley, Brian (BrianTinsley)
    Subject: RE: Order: SW1440089 for TreoPictureCallerID via PalmGear.com

Since the developer is the one that sends your info, all I can do is try to reach him again. If he does not resond, let me know and I will refund your card.

Laurie Long
    ESD Software Support
    Palmgear.com
    http://www.palmgear.com
    "The One Stop Source for your Palm Connected Organizer!"

-----Original Message-----
    From: Tinsley, Brian (BrianTinsley) [mailto:BrianTinsley@ChevronTexaco.com]
    Sent: Wednesday, August 28, 2002 5:52 PM
    To: 'PalmGear.com (ESD Orders Dept.)'
    Subject: RE: Order: SW1440089 for TreoPictureCallerID via PalmGear.com

If the trial period expires before I get my registration do I get my money back ? It seems like I have paid for a product I don't really have proper access to. I've emailed the developer with no response. Do you withold the payment for the software from the developer until the registration is provided ?

Please, no more form letters
  2.    #2  
    I use a corporate email address, and the reply from sales@pdaapps.com was filtered without my knowledge. They responded today via a different email address and I now have the reg code.

I'm going to provide handango with an alternate mail ID that isn't subject to corporate filters.