1.    #1  
    Has anyone found a way to run MSN Messenger on their Treo 300? I've tried Ruksun's Force Messenger, but it doesn't seem to work w/ the Treo 300. I emailed their tech support, and they informed me that they won't get around to testing on the Treo 300 for a while.

Does anyone know of any other good IM programs that will allow me to connect to MSN Messenger?
    MSN Messenger Force is the only game in town right now. Too bad really.

Originally posted by denik
    Has anyone found a way to run MSN Messenger on their Treo 300? I've tried Ruksun's Force Messenger, but it doesn't seem to work w/ the Treo 300. I emailed their tech support, and they informed me that they won't get around to testing on the Treo 300 for a while.

Does anyone know of any other good IM programs that will allow me to connect to MSN Messenger?
    I can't explain how, but I've gotten MSN force to work for me...

It doesnt always,

I'll see if I can figure out what I did to make it work
    Newton->Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism->Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 755p->Touch Pro->Palm Pre!
  4.    #4  
    bioart -

That's interesting. I was able to get it working for a few seconds once, but not anymore.

Let me know what you discover.
  5.    #5  
    FYI - I gave MSN Messenger Force another shot, and after several attempts, I've gotten it to work also. I did a soft reset a few times, and had to attempt a "Sign In" multiple times as well. There doesn't seem to be a magic formula for making it work... it just seems to work when it feels like it.
    I tried it again, and it worked fine... so far I'm batting 100 since I played around trying to get it to sign out (after I had had no success signing on).

I think it somehow got stuck at being not connected and could not reset itself to start a new connection. I think that one of the options I selected kinda logged me out (maybe).

I'll keep trying tomorrow and see what happens
    Newton->Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism->Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 755p->Touch Pro->Palm Pre!
    I think it is having problems with the always on connection methods (Spring Vision/GPRS). It worked flawlessly under the regular CSD dialup connection..but I seem to be having problems with the GPRS connection settings.
    I think this has to do with the connection timeout that MSN messenger force uses for TCP connection establishments. If your 3G connection is cold, it will take a bit to "re-establish it" and then their connect() times out.

A workaround is to make sure the connection is hot before trying to sign in. This can be done by trying to sign in multiple times after the first one fails. Or get blazer to load a web page before trying to sign in.

This works with CSD because the openning of the NetLib causes the dialout and we don't even begin the connect() until after we have a CSD connection established.

Spiderman
    I have noticed just the opposite. The only way I can sign is is to disconnect the 3g session and open messenger. It will reconnect and then you can sign in no prob.