1.    #1  
    Well, it looks like being an early adopter worked out for me this time. There has been no acknowledged manufacturing defects on the 180 (the screen works still!) and from what I've heard the support on the 300 could use a little fixing (though I think what they are complaining about are data services). Meanwhile I'm perfectly content with my grayscale 180. :-) Now when I get the guts (and money) to use GPRS it'll be great!

There've been so many whiny negative posts around here that it's nice to post a positive one. I love my Treo.
    Oh I forgot that the Treo 189 still exists LOL

Originally posted by KRamsauer
    Well, it looks like being an early adopter worked out for me this time. There has been no acknowledged manufacturing defects on the 180 (the screen works still!) and from what I've heard the support on the 300 could use a little fixing (though I think what they are complaining about are data services). Meanwhile I'm perfectly content with my grayscale 180. :-) Now when I get the guts (and money) to use GPRS it'll be great!

There've been so many whiny negative posts around here that it's nice to post a positive one. I love my Treo.
    Yes, positive remarks are well deserved for this device. I have owned a series of PDA-type gadgets starting with the Zaurus, and Sony MagicLink, and moving up to the Psion5 with modem and graduating with the Palm VII. The Palm VII did everything it promised and was very reliable. But when the Treo 180 came out I was an early adopter and I am delighted EACH DAY at my brilliant decision to buy this thing! It does everything that it promised. I never used to carry my cell phone around with me 'cause I didn't want my pants or jacket loaded down with too many gadgets. Now, for LESS money than I was paying monthly for the combined Palm VII service and the cell phone I can go most anywhere (urban areas) in the U.S. and my Cingular (250 national minutes) service will seamlessly jump onto the Voicestream service and I am a happy camper!
    I pick up my Earthlink e-mail while at work, reply to it if necessary, and basically have had NO PROBLEMS. I use a thick leather beltloop case made in New Zealand called the Nutshell, which fits snug against my belt. I don't even feel I am wearing it!
    This is a great device! It is so good that there are now imitators showing up (Kyocera, etc.)
    Treo user, 67+
    this looks like the website for above case:

but i'll keep looking, thanks!
    Christo

"it's not the quantity, but the quality"

There are NO Limits