1.    #1  
    Now that we finally have GPRS (and it works fine!) I'm looking for the best mail application that has basic features like all PC-based mail apps have :

- automaticly retrieve new messages from POP3 server
    - notification of arrival of new messages with alert (sound and/or vibration)

The only mail app that has these features is TreoMail, but it has 2 disadvantages :

- it costs 50$/year
    - the mail client program doesn't retrieve messages directly from POP3 server

I've also tried Corsoft Aileron Mail which indeed has those features, but it disconnects the GPRS connection when leaving the program, so it's worthless.

Any advise?
    Have a look at Basejet. It's not the ideal (I've asked them to add a "download every X minutes" capability so that we don't have to use SMS notifications) but it's pretty good.

www.basejet.com
    Does BaseJet allow you to download directly from a pop3 server WITHOUT your PC being oin? This app seems to be very promising..but I am avoiding it because of the PC must be on thing.

Originally posted by dtoombs
    Have a look at Basejet. It's not the ideal (I've asked them to add a "download every X minutes" capability so that we don't have to use SMS notifications) but it's pretty good.

www.basejet.com
    Howdy,

Basejet does let you download directly from a POP3 server without using the launcher app on your PC. But, it also disconnects when it finishes downloading.
    Rob
    Basejet will allow you to disable the "disconnect when finished" feature as I suspect most email progs will have the same feature.