1.    #1  
    I'm thinking about purchasing a Treo 90, but I'd like to know some of the pros and cons. My other choice is a Sony CLIE PEG-SJ30, the new color one. I can't decide which one I'd like better. Any input is greatly appreciated, Thanx

Alex
    Proud owner of Palm III, Palm IIIc and TREO 90 in near future.
    I bought a Treo 90 a few days ago. There is only one thing that I do not like, and that is the keyboard. I could input texts faster using Graffiti.

Overall, it is a good PDA . I would give it 4 out of 5 stars.
    i love my treo 90! its great.

i would wait for palm OS 5 if i were you though,
    it should have some features you might want.
    can you wait a few weeks?

treo is a great organizer. it lacks some of the features that the clies have. i dont really need all that junk though. (mp3) i would rather buy a dedicated device if it means a cheeper handheld. i wish it had a jog dial, but i live without it i guess.

i love the keyboard over graffiti, dont believe people that say the keyboard is hard to learn, i think its easier.

if you want more features, wait for OS5, if you want a treo, buy it.
    hope that helps.

-Im yet another Alex, i think there are too many alex's on this board. -hehehehehe
    I love my Treo 90.
    I wouldn't wait for OS5 since it is mostly going to be launched in high-end PDAs ($1000-up) with the lower-end PDAs staying with OS4. Out of the choices I HIGHLY recommend the Treo 90, everything about it just makes sense, including the keyboard. It is also small, has a great screen, and way better battery life than the Sonys.
    Alex.
    Goodbye my lovely Treo
    HELLO TG50
    i agree with alex #3, (i told you, too many alexs)

i bought the treo 90 because i got away cheep with one sweet handheld. i paid 257.39 for it, including 17 bucks for tax and 8 something for shipping from staples.com

i love it, it is OS 4.1, with the max 16mb, and SD slot. all i need, nothing i dont.
    I love my Treo 90.
    Well since ah2045 is also an Alex he will understand about how Alex's usually only purchase things to match their superior lifestyles , something I think the Treo 90 does perfectly. It shows off my sophistication with the keyboard yet the colour screen agrees with my fun, entertaining side...a perfect match for any Alex.
    Alex (The Great II) <--my MSN screen name.

P.S. Not only do I know I am great because my name is Alex, I also love to get attention about it because I am a Leo..hmm...a Leo Alex, bad combination .
    Goodbye my lovely Treo
    HELLO TG50
    ya, want to know something scary,......

im Aug 9 ......(leo) (my treo was my b-day gift to myself....but i couldnt wait for my b-day)

just to make this post meaningful.....

Visor Central Treo 90 Review ---good review

Cnet Treo 90 Review

PalmInfoCenter Treo 90 Review

--side note:
    i love the software bundle too....
    wordsmith kicks! i use it as my doc reader now
    contacts was anoying at first, but i i think its great with the keyboard --- type two initals and i have the individual im looking for
    Last edited by adderx99; 09/02/2002 at 03:04 AM.
    I love my Treo 90.
    I have had Palm IIIX, IIIC, Palm III, HE330 (major quality problems... I had four and the latest one is broke now).

Things I like:

16mb
    Extension Card (I use a 64mb MMC card)
    Speed
    Awesome color
    Keyboard (wasn't sure about that but now I love it)
    Size (fits right in the had and the pocket... forget about the case though.. you will not want to bulk up the size).
    Price was right too.

Hope this helps.
    ------------------------
    Living life like I don't know when it will end.
    ---------------------
    BTW......Refurbished PEG-N760C for 249.99,

Refurbished PEG-N760C

probably a better deal then the SJ30, then again, the treos better then both.

the stats seem the same, this has MP3 though. i bet the screens not as bright, and the battery life probably stinks....and then theres the lack of a good waranty.

just buy the treo
    I love my Treo 90.
    I'm a consultant and travel 100% of the time.. For years I've resisted getting a PDA to avoid adding more weight let alone take up valuable space in my backpack. The Palm m105, m505 and Treo90 caught my eye because of the chargeable batt feature which accounts for the slim size.. I broke down and ended up going with the Treo 90 for the following reasons:

1) More memory than m105.
    2) Smallest and lightest of the 3.
    3) Best batt life rating.
    4) Keyboard entry.. I prefer to type than write.. in no time at all, I can comfortable make thumb entries. There is no way I can be faster with Graffiti with the same amount of practice time on the thumb board.
    5) The world time and calculator is more robust than the Palm.
    6) While the color clarity is not as good as the m505, the 90 is more visible in daylight. If I seriously want to view my digital photos.. I can use my laptop.

I've loaded most of the applications I need and I still have about 10mb left.. so for now I'm holding off on spending the $80 for a 128mb SD card. I figure, when I do get to the point when I need one, the price will be cut in half.. at least.

I travel with a laptop, cell phone, dvd/mp3 player.. the Treo90 is exactly what I need.. no more..no less... I AM TOTALLY PLEASED!!!
    Originally posted by ah2045
    I'm thinking about purchasing a Treo 90, but I'd like to know some of the pros and cons. My other choice is a Sony CLIE PEG-SJ30, the new color one. I can't decide which one I'd like better. Any input is greatly appreciated, Thanx

Alex
    I too am in the "purchase process" of a PDA, and have went back and forth between the same models as yourself from Sony. For mutual support, I think I'm gonna stick with the Treo mainly because of possibility of future expansion with the possible addition of support of the SD I/O cards. Also, I'm not a fan of the Memory Stick thing. (Too proprietary) I just see more potential with the SD/MMC format.
    I'm also thinking that when I do decide (waiting for a possible holiday price drop) I'm gonna go direct from Handspring. After reading about all the problems from retailers, I think buying direct will ensure that I'm getting the newest stock. Plus, you can't really bet the free stuff (shipping and the case, styli, or SD card). By the time you purchase your cheaper unit from a retailer, pay for shipping and maybe a case or SD card, you may be over $299 anyway.
    Lastly, I was in Best Buy this weekend doing a "visual inspection" and this thing !@#$in' rocks!! It's small, really good color (it's no NR-70, but it's not almost $600 either!!!), and great form factor. Really hi-tech appeal. Now, all I need is my jet pack...;-}
    Well, that's my opinion. I previously stated, I am not a Treo owner, but definately plan on it and I hope this is rambling on helps you in your decision. Oh by the way, it also not a PALM. I love not conforming and buying Palm m1xx's or m5xx's because it's common. That's what I've always loved about Handsprings, being small and different. I guess that's why I joined the Marine Corps....
    Jack of many trades, Master of all...
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by Treo User
    [B]I bought a Treo 90 a few days ago. There is only one thing that I do not like, and that is the keyboard. I could input texts faster using Graffiti.

I am thinking about buying the Treo 90 and definitely need a keyboard that will allow me to write fairly long notes on the fly. My job requires walking and note taking. Can you add Graffiti to the Treo 90 so you can combine both the keyboard and graffiti?
    peter
    You can get on screen access to Graffiti on the Treo by downloading the freeware Newpen from PalmGear. You toggle between the app screen and the graffiti screen by tapping a small box on bottom right corner of the screen. It works ok for most apps.
    I'm happy to see you AND it's a Treo in my pocket!
    I wouldn't bother waiting for Palm os5 unless you really, really need voice recording and need it bad enough to give up the Treo 90 form factor. I doubt they will be able to get an ARM chip device to be like the Treo 90 for some time yet.
    I'm happy to see you AND it's a Treo in my pocket!
    Okay - this is a long shot, but if anyone wants to sell their treo, i'm interested

Shoot me an email: mitzeclipse@hotmail.com

Thanks!!