1.    #1  
    Hi,

Is anyone using Laptophack on the Treo? Overall, it appears to get good reviews from technically-oriented people who use the Stowaway keyboard with their Palm OS PDAs, and to frustrate those less technically-oriented.

Since it's supposed to help with a keyboard, I thought it might be good with the Treo...

Thanks for your thoughts,

Kami
    Well, I guess I'm not very technically oriented then. I installed it and couldn't figure out what the heck it was supposed to do. So I uninstalled it.
    Phew,

glad to know that I wasn't alone.

Originally posted by KRamsauer
    Well, I guess I'm not very technically oriented then. I installed it and couldn't figure out what the heck it was supposed to do. So I uninstalled it.
    It looks like Laptophack permits the creation of a calculator-style desktop with lots of user-designed buttons to run programs. If so, "the power of a laptop in your palm device" is major overstatement. I didn't intall, though, on the principle that they hardly report why I want it.
    I'm absolutely confused about what I'd do with LapTopHack. Not sure what it would do and haven't made the time to try to find out.

Oh well,
    Rob
    One thing that I thought it would do was add the ability to select onscreen buttons by inputting the character the hack underlines, like on a PC. I think it might actually do that, but I couldn't figure it out. I still think that would be a great feature for the Treo. The less I have to touch the screen with my fingers the better.
    I agree. Maybe I'll try to figure it out over the next week. Or maybe I don't need to add something else to figure out.
    Rob
    It's supposed to keep you from having to use the stylus when you're typing, sorta the same thing as hardcore coders disdaining the mouse. If you strugge through it, it is generally very nice and very much worth it...

...but on the treo, not so much. It's a lot easer to pull a thumb away from the treo's thumboard for a quick tap than it is to learn lth's key combo. I gave lth a week or so on the treo, and I didn't like it. With the stowaway, it is very nice, without, cruft.