1.    #1  
    This may be a dead horse, but can I sync a Treo 300 with a Powermac using USB and the Missing Sync software. I will go buy the Treo if it works. I want to be sure I don't need the serial cable too.

Thanks
    Missing sync should do the trick. Otherwise, use a serial cable with the Keyspan USB-serial adaptor. That's what I have going.
    Synching via the IR port (if installed) of your Mac works, too. It's slow however.
    I've been doing IR

its cool, but it does take a while..........go take a shower or something while it hotsyncs over IR.....it will probably be at least 10 minutes
    BLUETOOTH!!!!
    I used Missing Sync and it worked like a charm but I had to upgrade to OS X in order for it to work.
    Originally posted by Brooose
    Missing sync should do the trick. Otherwise, use a serial cable with the Keyspan USB-serial adaptor. That's what I have going.
    Missing Sync does not work for me. I have installed it on two different machines (OX 10.2 and 10.1.5) and it didn't work on either. Just locked up the Treo.
    Missing Sync works for me with Treo 300 and Palm Desktop 4.0, Mac OS X 10.2.

I do get an annoying message everytime I sync telling me that the Installer version 3.5.3 is not compatible with this device. I just delete the Installer app and everything is fine.

Meanwhile, I am able to install things and sync just fine with my PowerBook G4/800.
    Originally posted by alipka
    Missing Sync works for me with Treo 300 and Palm Desktop 4.0, Mac OS X 10.2.

I do get an annoying message everytime I sync telling me that the Installer version 3.5.3 is not compatible with this device. I just delete the Installer app and everything is fine.

Meanwhile, I am able to install things and sync just fine with my PowerBook G4/800.
    Remove the folder called Updates or something like that in your Palm Desktop folder (/Applications/Palm). It will stop that message.