1.    #1  
    When I had to reboot my computer this morning Business Connect downloaded and installed a new version of the desktop software and handheld software to be installed on the treo.

I now have version 5.0.1.4 on the desktop and 5.0.1.7 on the handheld.

Anyone know what changes they made?
    I dont' know about changes yet because I haven't gotten that far -- the install screwed me up: flashing Palm screen, fatal hard reset, the whole works.

I followed all the directions, then bam.

I can't believe these guys. I'm going to be skittish to upgrade the next time around. Everything was working fine on my Treo but now I have to reinstall everything. Damn.

Sprint is quickly earning a worse reputation than MSFT. I am really irritated.
    Where can we download it from?
    My existing desktop BC software alerted me to the upgrade and I just clicked on the OK. I also noticed later on the BC website that the upgrade was listed, so you can download it there as well.
    Thx!
    Originally posted by MobileDave
    I dont' know about changes yet because I haven't gotten that far -- the install screwed me up: flashing Palm screen, fatal hard reset, the whole works.

I can't believe these guys. I'm going to be skittish to upgrade the next time around. Everything was working fine on my Treo but now I have to reinstall everything. Damn.

I had no problems with this upgrade!
    I was also upgraded. I had no problems, except I would love to see release notes, a standard industry practice, explaining what the upgrade was for. So far, it hasn't fixed any of the Hot Sync problems I've been having.
    Having used Business Connection from the first release to the present, SPCS' mode of operations is not to do release notes. Instead, you have to download the user guide and read through it and note what items have changed from the last release.
    My Business Connection was running smoothly for the most part, with a few hiccups. I upgraded two days and have been having nothing but problems. I can't send any email from my Treo. When I try to send it does the whole sync thing, acts like it works, but the email never gets sent. I had 4 emails I thought I had sent to people that never went. Also, I am not getting much from the push, I often have to do a manual sync to get my email. One time when I got an email on Outlook, it did the push send/receive on my Treo to get it but the email did not appear on my Treo until about 10 hours later. Weird stuff. I am going to try reinstalling it, not sure if its software or their network.
    Originally posted by MobileDave

I agree about Sprint. Usually, when a new technology is released to the public (e.g. DSL, cable modems, Direct TV, etc..) it takes them awhile to work out everything, but Sprint did a particularly poor job of going on line with their 3G network. Try calling their support number (if you can find it on their website) and you will wait an insanely long time. Their website has bad links, missing information (e.g. how to setup mail on Treo). Their 1st tier support is almost a waste of time (e.g. support told me you can not reprogram the hard buttons). Basically, they did a poor rollout.
    I am still not sure if I will keep the Treo and Sprint or go back to Verizon and wait for Sprint to work out their problems. I was told you have 14 days to return the Treo and I have about a week left on that. I know rollouts of new techology always have problems to start, but it seems like Sprint crossed way over the line of reasonable problems. I also am frustrated the Handspring will not support the Treo - you have to go through Sprint support that knows less about the Treo than most of us. Anyway, that is my thoughts on the subject....
    - Longboarder over and out