Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. veroi's Avatar
    Posts
    178 Posts
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
       #1  
    I HAVE ORDER THIS FROM MOBILE PLANET , SHOULD WORK WITH MY TREO VERY WELL. IN PARTICULAR WHEN I AM MOVING AROUND THE OFFICE.

    SEE THE LINK

    http://www.mobileplanet.com/product....0971&listing=1


    ANY COMMENTS
  2. #2  
    The problem you may have is the 2.5mm standard jack that it comes with. I too was looking at this.

    Has anyone found a 2.5mm jack to nokia adapter?

    I found this one but I e-mailed them to ask what it looks like 3 times still no response. http://www.abmwireless.com/headad.html

    Let us know if it works. I thought of this one or wait for the plantronics.
  3. #3  
    I bought one of these adapters - can't remember if from abm wireless or another source. It works, with one caveat - if you try a headset that has a "mute" switch, that part won't work - it will make a horrific screeching sound...

    Paul
  4. #4  
    There is a Nokia 3000 series to 2.5mm adapter available at www.smartchoicewireless.com that Plantronics says will work with their products on the Treo. I presume it will work with any 2.5mm product. I have no direct experience here, I am researching products to make sure that I can make a smooth transition with all of my accessories.

    If anyone can confirm a 2.5mm adapter to work with the Treo please post.
  5. #5  
    Originally posted by veroi
    I HAVE ORDER THIS FROM MOBILE PLANET , SHOULD WORK WITH MY TREO VERY WELL. IN PARTICULAR WHEN I AM MOVING AROUND THE OFFICE.

    SEE THE LINK

    http://www.mobileplanet.com/product....0971&listing=1


    ANY COMMENTS
    Interesting product but kind of expensive. I don't see the point really. If you are trying to protect yourself from radiation from the phone I bet that the bluetooth puts out some radiation in and of itself. If you are looking for a lightweight 'cordless' headset I don't think this will do the trick on the Treo 300. See the cord coming off the headset? Where does that connect to? My guess would be that the cord from the earpiece has to go to some sort of bluetooth transciever that you wear on your belt clip or in your pocket?? Doesn't make much sense to me, might as well just carrr your phone and have the cord plug into the Treo. Unless I am wrong. Too bad they dont' show any clear pictures as to what that little coiled cord plugs into.
  6. #6  
    The little coiled wire plugs into your Treo (I guess with the adaptor)...the over-the-ear piece is wireless. As Bluetooth-enabled phones come out, you won't need the former (only the over-the-ear piece). And, yes, it does emit radiation at the 900MHz level, but much less than a standard cell phone (even digital). I haven't heard any good things about Bluetooth headsets so far, though. veroi, please post your review on here when you get it!
  7. #7  
    Originally posted by sbcrair
    The little coiled wire plugs into your Treo (I guess with the adaptor)...the over-the-ear piece is wireless. As Bluetooth-enabled phones come out, you won't need the former (only the over-the-ear piece). And, yes, it does emit radiation at the 900MHz level, but much less than a standard cell phone (even digital). I haven't heard any good things about Bluetooth headsets so far, though. veroi, please post your review on here when you get it!
    Strange because that picture in the link from the first poster shows the little cord being attached directly to the headset piece. So that makes me think that there is a cord from the earpiece going to something else?
  8. #8  
    I don't think so...the ones I've seen so far actually provide a little "docking stand" kinda thing on the device hooked to the phone, so you can hang the earpiece on it. I don't think it's actually wired to it (that would kinda obviate the need for wireless, wouldn't it?) the idea would be that you have the piece hooked to your phone hanging on your belt, and when you're not using the earpiece, you hang that on the thing on your belt.

    I could be wrong, but that's how most of the ones I've seen so far work.
  9. #9  
    Now that I look at that picture again, I can see your confusion. The piece that looks like a hook (that goes in your ear) actually rests in the round device, which is the transmitter attached to the phone, but ONLY when you're not using the earpiece. The round device has a little groove in it to provide the resting place. Kinda confusing, but you'll get it as soon as you see the actual device.
  10. veroi's Avatar
    Posts
    178 Posts
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
       #10  
    I was able to find a picture of the Bluetooth set including the 2.5mm adapter that makes evrything look better. E-Mail me if you want me to send you the detail pic.
  11. #11  
    Originally posted by smartphone
    Has anyone found a 2.5mm jack to nokia adapter?

    I found this one but I e-mailed them to ask what it looks like 3 times still no response. http://www.abmwireless.com/headad.html

    Let us know if it works. I thought of this one or wait for the plantronics.
    RE a 2.5mm adapter for the Treo: I found a headset kit made by COBY (product #CV-M155) that basically contains a standard 2.5mm headset with two adapters for use with Nokia phones. One of those adapters (product # CA-788) is the adapter we need and I have been using it just fine. You can view the product on Coby's website for more info. I also found a 4-pole to 3-pole sub mini plug adapter through cellularaccessory.com that works. Hope this helps.
  12. #12  
    I think I'm confused...?

    if we buy this adapter, we can now have BlueTooth on our Treo??

    Does this mean I could use it wirelessly over my Mac on iSync?
    BLUETOOTH!!!!
  13. #13  
    Originally posted by HasanDaddy
    I think I'm confused...?

    if we buy this adapter, we can now have BlueTooth on our Treo??

    Does this mean I could use it wirelessly over my Mac on iSync?
    It is only for "audio" reception, like a normal corded earpiece. The device does not "data connect"

    Hope that helped.
  14. #14  
    gman

    bummer....I guess this means that I still can't use it with Apple's iSync?

    oh well.....
    BLUETOOTH!!!!

Posting Permissions