1.    #1  
    Hi there,

I orderd a 270 on Tuesday afternoon from handspring.com. My order went through a credit card and carrier credit check in quick order; but, the order has been stalled on "awaiting shipment", i.e., "Order sent to fulfillment warehouse. Awaiting shipment" since mid-day yesterday. Their shipping page reads "In stock" for the 270 as for all communicators. Can anyone share current or recent experiences please? I'm used to overnight shipping from PC Connection which I know is in that business. (BTW, the 270 is advertused in their catalog that arrived today, though their website just reads "call for availability" on everything Treo.) Thanks in advance for handspring order insight.

Rodolfo
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
    Hang in there Rodolfo, you'll probably get it Friday or Saturday and spend the long weekend playing with it! I was one of those hyper guys that ordered the Treo270 when it was announced by Handspring and we waited a few weeks. Check out the first threads on the 270 if you want to amuse yourself. It was a riot!
    Ed
    Visor Deluxe, Prism, Visorphone, Treo 270, Treo 600, Treo 650, and am eagerly waiting for the next generation Treo...but wait...is that the iPhone????
    Ordered one late last thursday (prob friday early am actually), regular shipping, first delivery attempt was yesterday (wed), second was today, and i just picked it up from the airborne warehouse tonight.

My order status hung on "awaiting" a little bit, but i'd bet on you receiving it very soon.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks Clogoodie -that's a very good gauge for me. Lucky you!!(BTW, and off-topic, Michigan is recruiting an Orland Park lineman -any inside info? Sorry, kidding -one of my other passions, and tis the season.)
    Here's my 270-Handspring-order update for fellow-awaiters and prospects: Late last night -so at about the 56-hour mark- the status changed to "partially shipped" (I also ordered a car charger adapter); but, it wasn't until this morning that my order screen showed it was *the adapter* they had shipped!! -IMHO, a strange way to do business. This morning I decided to call Customer Care and they were indeed available at 6:30 PST (toll-free, I was told there was a 5-7 minute wait, and someone did come on at about 7). I didn't get much help, though, or I didn't hear what I wanted to hear. The person just speculated the Treo "may go out late this afternoon, or if not, it won't be until Tuesday". So, there is some chance I'll have the adapter to play with over the weekend. I'll report on that experience only if there are many requests. BTW, a word to the wiser: I ordered the adapter from them mostly "for the cause" and to avoid waiting for multiple shipments -ha!!!- Amazon has them for 13.99 (vs. 29.99).

Rodolfo
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
  5.    #5  
    Amazingly enough -!!!!!- TreoRat, you were right: Both the Treo and the adapter arrived at 2:00 pm!!!!!! - each in their own box, just about 72 hours from the time I ordered. My Handspring.com order screen still reads "partially shipped" and the Treo is still "awaiting shipment". So, Handspring service is better than their database. Some of this is evidently a Handspring-Airborne Express data issue, and I'll note that the primary hub for Airborne is nearby in Wilmington, Ohio and I've always had great Airborne service here. It looks sooo khool! Gotta go read, learn, play, and evaluate!!
    Enjoy playing around with it!

Lineman from Orland Park eh? Which school, Sandburg? Haven't really followed high school football, since, well, i was in high school...but I'm guessing that if Michigan is interested in him, he's prob pretty damn good. Hope the Wolverines don't disappoint this year (seem to be making it a habit) as they are my second favorite team/school. Always wanted to go there, got accepted and all that...but its just too damn expensive for out-of-staters. So Iowa it was, and i gotta pull for the Hawks when they play each other. I am hoping to make it up to Ann Arbor for the game...