1. TJM
    I have found the answer to most of my pressing Treo 300 questions here, even if the answer wasn't what I wanted to hear. One thing I can't figure out is whether there is a way to make SMS messages sound a tone when they come in (without buying custom software). I have tried changing every setting I can think of and mine only vibrates. I have recently changed from a Treo 180 and I could count on hearing an tone if an SMS message came in (as well as being able to easily reply to it) but now I don't know that a message came in at all if I miss the vibration.

Tom (new to the forum and still searching for the spell check)
    Check your prefs, under ringers. The Messaging Tone should be set to "On".
    Originally posted by sbcrair
    Check your prefs, under ringers. The Messaging Tone should be set to "On".
    Which from another thread will probably cause feedback, since with the lid closed the speaker is facing the microphone. Granted, the microphone should be OFF, but obviously it isn't.

I'd live with the virbrate until HS gets it fixed. It may be an installed app that is either vibrating or enabling the mic.

Gary
  4. TJM
    That's what I feared was the answer. Prefs/Ringer/Tones -

Message Tone: On

Voicemail Tone: On

Service Tone: On

But no tone. Just to be perfectly clear, if I know your number and send e-mail to xxxxxxxxxx@messaging.sprintpcs.com you hear a tone from your Treo 300 when the message arrives?

Tom
    Yup...a little "beep, beep", with a short vibrate. And, I don't get any feedback (that Gary suggested). Don't have any other suggestions for you...sorry.