1.    #1  
    Howdee folks...

I've been using Eudora because as far as I can tell it is the only one that will do SMTP authentication which I need in order to send e-mail from my Treo to my domain provider.

I love the app, unfortunately I have noticed that after ending a sentence with a period the caps lock comes on and stays on. This results in me having to press shift 3 times each time I end a sentence with a period.

Does anyone else notice this problem? Kind of frustrating but I can live with it. I guess two solutions are to write everything in all caps (not very polite) or never use periods (heh).

-c
    It's a bug in that both Eudora mail and the Treo think they're being smart by autoshifting after a period. Handspring isn't likely to insert eudora-specific code into their treo to fix it and Eudora is not longer supporting that email program. It is, IMO, the best pop client for the palm.

...an easier quick-fix is to hit the backspace key instead of shift 3 times.
    doctorc, you are suppose to be able to send mail via Sprint's SMTP server too. After speaking with them they got me fixed. Call 877-228-2257 if you can not use smtp.sprintpcs.com to send mail.

Just so you have all the options available to you that you should have .

Thanks for the tip septimus. That's been a thorn in my side. Love that avatar .
    I've noticed this bug especially in my first sentence. It has really put a dent in my 20 wpm typing style. I guess I can kiss that secretarial career goodbye!
  5.    #5  
    Thanks for all the replies folks. Maybe someone will write a hackmaster extension to disable the eudora capslock problem. As for the smtp server by sprint am I correct in assuming that this will let you check email from ANY pop server as incoming but send through sprints smtp server as the outbound? That would definitely be cool. Also I find it interesting that the capslock problem does not exist in the web browser component of eudora, which I am using right now.

Originally posted by darnell
    doctorc, you are suppose to be able to send mail via Sprint's SMTP server too. After speaking with them they got me fixed. Call 877-228-2257 if you can not use smtp.sprintpcs.com to send mail.

Just so you have all the options available to you that you should have .

Thanks for the tip septimus. That's been a thorn in my side. Love that avatar .
    Originally posted by doctorc
    As for the smtp server by sprint am I correct in assuming that this will let you check email from ANY pop server as incoming but send through sprints smtp server as the outbound? That would definitely be cool.
    That's what I'm saying doctorc. You are correct. And I've been sending/receiving mail like that all day today . Now that it's working for me, Sprint's SMTP connection has proven even more reliable than Yahoo's .
    Last edited by darnell; 08/30/2002 at 11:26 PM.