1.    #1  
    I just bought the Treo 300 but haven't activated it yet. Can someone tell me how much faster is the web access with Vision? Also, how does it work in terms of billing? I don't understand that "8mb of data" thing. Does it come out of your minutes or is it a separate thing. I have to wait till Monday to activate cause I'm waiting for the serial cable. Thanks for you help.
    Hairy Palms (nice username dude),

Welcome to the "club." Web access is much faster with Vision, definitely a go. You'll want that.

The 8MB thing is separate. When you make a voice call, it will come out of your AT/NW minutes (anytime/nightweekend). If you access the web via Blazer (browser in the Treo), Xiino (can download), EudoraWeb (download), etc, it keeps track of the number of kb you pull down and will apply that to your data allotment (in your example, 8MB). Sending e-mail, etc. will come out of the 8MB as you're using the web to do that.

Right now, PCS Vision is free for your first 3 months, and from what I've heard, it's unlimited data for this amount of time. We're all waiting to see our first full month bill and ensure that this is true...

Why not activate? The serial cable is only for doing a synch, and if you don't download or add anything to the Treo yet, you'll be fine. It will give you a chance to play around with the web stuff.

Have fun,

"no need for hairy palms, i've got a WOMAN!!" - nobull
    Originally posted by nobull

Right now, PCS Vision is free for your first 3 months, and from what I've heard, it's unlimited data for this amount of time. We're all waiting to see our first full month bill and ensure that this is true...
    I dont think so or maybe I was told wrong by Sprint. Only 2MB/month is free for 3 months and that they will charge $0.02/kb for additional usage

Are you sure nobull???
    Heck no, I'm not sure about anything when it comes to Sprint and what they tell one person compared to the next.... However, right now, it is not possible for you to go onto SPRINTPCS.COM and see how much data you have used, therefore it would be unfair for Sprint to charge us if we go over out data limit when we can't even see how much we've used (in their eyes). Agree?

nobull
    I am with you nobull ...
    Originally posted by srastogi01

I dont think so or maybe I was told wrong by Sprint. Only 2MB/month is free for 3 months and that they will charge $0.02/kb for additional usage

Are you sure nobull???
    I was told by 3 different reps (I have their names and dates) on 3 different occasions that the data is unlimited. My first bill shows the data free. I really think the data is unlimited because they aren't ready to bill it. The reps could not manually tell me, and they actually still kept thinking I meant data minutes, not megs.
    WONDERFUL NEWS !!!

I AM KEEPING THE TREO ALWAYS ON NOW !!!!!!!!
    Originally posted by PCMusician

I was told by 3 different reps (I have their names and dates) on 3 different occasions that the data is unlimited. My first bill shows the data free. I really think the data is unlimited because they aren't ready to bill it. The reps could not manually tell me, and they actually still kept thinking I meant data minutes, not megs.
    WONDERFUL NEWS !!!

I AM KEEPING THE TREO ALWAYS ON NOW !!!!!!!!
    I believe using the web/internet also consumes air time minutes. It's a sweet deal for Sprint: charge for minutes AND by the kb.

A 30k site could theoretically cost a bunch if you were over your minutes and kb's. Can we agree this pricing plan has got to go?

Hey, Sprint, I know you're listening. Gimme $40/month unlimited access and leave me alone. And while you're at it how about some SMS up in this piece?

If CDMA is so badass, why does GSM do do SMS better? Start serving us, not just yourself, Sprint. If you can squeeze ten users/channel as opposed to GSM's four per channel, bust out with some free sms instead of jacking us.

I'm on to you,
    -Darkelf
    Originally posted by darkelf
    I believe using the web/internet also consumes air time minutes. It's a sweet deal for Sprint: charge for minutes AND by the kb.

A 30k site could theoretically cost a bunch if you were over your minutes and kb's. Can we agree this pricing plan has got to go?

Hey, Sprint, I know you're listening. Gimme $40/month unlimited access and leave me alone. And while you're at it how about some SMS up in this piece?

If CDMA is so badass, why does GSM do do SMS better? Start serving us, not just yourself, Sprint. If you can squeeze ten users/channel as opposed to GSM's four per channel, bust out with some free sms instead of jacking us.

I'm on to you,
    -Darkelf
    Sprint doesn't charge minutes for web/internet with these new plans
    Voice minutes do not apply to data, thus the reason for having two components of billing. The old network did charge voice minutes for web access.