1.    #1  
    I was playing with a treo in the SPCS store today, and tried to send it a Short Mail from my phone, and I got the SMS notice pop-up to browse
    for it, but when I clicked the link to actually retrieve it, Blazer said
    that it couldnt access that page at that time. Every other page seemed
    to come in fine thru blazer... So can someone tell me how you go about
    reading a Short mail on this device?
    ...This ain't a phone or a PDA, It's a way of life!
    for all your multimedia needs, it's gotta be Starrwulfe Ltd!
    all you have to do is press the "blue" option button and then the telephone button on the bottom left. This will take you to the SMS mode.
  3.    #3  
    I understand that, Im talking about the Short Mail function. SMS is recieve only in SPCS land remember? But on a normal SPCS phone, you use the Wireless Web to compose and send SMS to other mobile phones. I tried to use it yesterday from a treo but found that

A. It isn't an option in the messaging lineup off of the My SPCS homepage... Just Business Connect was listed

B. When another phone SMSed the Treo, a message saying "YOu have new Short Mail waiting. To view it, please go to http://www.XXXXXOOOO...." On a normal Vision phone, this would start the browser up and go right to the new Short Mail page. But with Blazer it says it cannot load this page at this time...

So how would I either send a new Short Mail, or Recieve one?
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Originally posted by starrwulfe

B. When another phone SMSed the Treo, a message saying "YOu have new Short Mail waiting. To view it, please go to http://www.XXXXXOOOO...." On a normal Vision phone, this would start the browser up and go right to the new Short Mail page. But with Blazer it says it cannot load this page at this time...

So how would I either send a new Short Mail, or Recieve one?
    I'm listening to this .. I can duplicate the same problem when someone using AT&T sends an SMS from their phone to my Treo300 .. all I get is a reference to a web page that cannot be accessed via the Treo 300. Of course sprint help (or lack thereof) was useless on this point.
    -Bob
    -Sprint Treo 650
    Go to www.eudora.com and pick up the free eudora email client. Once loaded, use pop.sprintpcs.com and smtp.sprintpcs.com with your vision side password. Once that is done, you can use the euroda email client to pickup, and send email.

Pete
    That is email, not SMS....Sprint really sucks for MO-SMS.
    starrwulfe, I'm listening... and have heard this in other threads too. Not sure if anyone has a solution.
    I tried to open the referral page in Xiino (another browser with greater compatibility than Blazer for special frames and applets) and couldn't see it either. We need to check the archives of this board because I've seen a thread somewhere on this before.
    Doug
  8.    #8  
    Maybe I should try showing this to someone at the sprint store in person so that they can see exactly what I am talking about? I agree that MO-SMS would be a better solution, but my 6035 could do this also and I never had the problem until 3G services started. I guess they are doing something different?

DougLucas>> How would I check the archive section on this board? I really want to make sure this gets fixed by the time the 7135 comes out on sprint!
    I have spent the last few nights on the phone with the back line support people from sprint on just this subject. they tell me that the sms send function in blazer as well as a few others that are missing from the i300 browser will be added in a few weeks to a month. they told me that when handspring built the blazer version for sprint they "forgot" to add some of the functions that all of they other sprint phones enjoy ie I300 and 6035. but they did say that the problem would be fixed. I have had my treo 300 for 4 days now and love it. I have had both the 6035 and the I300 and this one is by far the best. the I300 was a good pda but the 4 users in my company replaced our phones a total of 7 times in 5 months due to transmiter problems. so sprint took those back and gave us the treo instead.

sean
    I know some folks in the messaging group in PCS, and they tell me that Mobile Originated SMS (MO-SMS, commonly known as 2-way SMS) is on its way. My contact was not sure if they were going to implement pure inter-carrier SMS (meaning, I can send an SMS to a friend's phone via just his cell number, rather than the arcane 'phone###@cellco.mobile.blahblah', no matter the carrier - Verizon had that on my 6035, and it's great). They will supposedly have the ability to send SMS from the 300 - the unknown was the reply function.
    I really doubt it would have to happen via the Blazer browser, at least I hope not. It needs to be a standalone app to make it simple.
    always on network that can't send short messages - can only receive? isn't that going back about 10 years?

This really sucks - my sms on my 270 was one of the best features and Sprint missed here on their service. They really do suck all around. Pricing, service, support, Claire, Etc., Etc.

Wonder how much and how long they spent on Claire - the virtual pain in the ***!
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Originally posted by dbrunetti

Wonder how much and how long they spent on Claire - the virtual pain in the ***!
    I couldn't agree with you more .. Tech support is useless when it comes to the 300 .. and I am a very peaceful person .. but would personally like to see serious damage done to the most insipid thing (Claire) on the planet.

btw .. Sprint does seem to have superior coverage .. at least when compared to Cindular or Verizon.
    -Bob
    -Sprint Treo 650
    Okay.. I guess I'll have to come clean and agree (though I *too* am usually *very* compliant when it comes to tech support calls)... dealing with Claire was a bit much for me. :-) I was never so happy (at least when it comes to tech support stuff :-) ) as when I learned about the toll-free number at (877)228-2257 ... which meant I didn't have to try to work my way through Claire any more. Honest.. I felt like I was back in the early days of computing... playing that now-ancient Zork game... trying to make a mental map of how I get my newly found treasure back to the "trophy case" in the cottage!!! Navigating through her menus as quickly as possible so I could finally get to the real goal: a *person*!!! :-)

Didn't Sprint do some kind of focus group to see if customers were going to *like* talking to a contrived autoattendant personality??? :-)

But alas... our thread has drifted. :-) We're supposed to be dealing with short mail here. :-)

Doug
    Doug
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Originally posted by DougLucas
    Navigating through her menus as quickly as possible so I could finally get to the real goal: a *person*!!! :-)

Didn't Sprint do some kind of focus group to see if customers were going to *like* talking to a contrived autoattendant personality??? :-)

But alas... our thread has drifted. :-) We're supposed to be dealing with short mail here. :-)

Doug
    Have you noticed that there is no contact link on their web site. I guess they don't wany to hear anyone's opinion.

SMS will come sooner or later .. so I will be patient.

(btw .. I liked Adventure better than Zork .. I'm a real text kind of guy)
    -Bob
    -Sprint Treo 650
    Bob - you're the voice of reason. I need to be patient too.
    Doug
    Ive had my Treo since launch, 3 weeks ago. It is certainly the coolest toy in awhile. As for SMS, I think its simply not ready yet. Just like Sprint mail. Its been off-line for weeks now. What those web masters are doing , I can't imagine. Why can't it be fixed NOW? But Vision was obviously launched at less that 100% functionality. I'm sure it will all be up eventualy. Its in Sprints interest to do so.
    As for Claire, here's my work around- Just say "speak to human" and you'll get one more menu then "a human".
    Now you tell me! :-)
    Doug