1.    #1  
    Hi all,

Yesterday I went onto the Sprint PCS web site and changed my Vision Password as it has been stated here, and now on Sprint's web site. The first password I tried was the same as I use on my phone account, so it said I couldn't use the same password. Hmmm, ok, so I entered another password, which went through, and my Treo immediately said "Network settings update, update now" which I said yes. At that point, everything fell apart. I now have no data access. I've tried manually setting the password in the Network preferences to no avail.

Spoke to a very nice wireless web support person who put in a dreaded trouble ticket, 4-24 hours. Today, I call to get a status and I'm told up to 72 hours. It seems that my first password attempt put a service order into the system, and my second password attempt also put a service order into the system and they were trying to override each other and this blew it up. You'd think they could handle something that could be very common... If I go to the Sprint PCS web site, I can log into PCS Vision with the password that went through.

I've tried the soft reset, nothing.

Anyone had this problem? Ideas how to fix it? I've thought about going in and changing my password again to see if it will at least provision. I'm paying for this service, and expect that this would be easy to fix immediately.

Nobull
    After waiting seven days and logging over 20 hours of time with their tech support, I eventually gave up, took my phone back and cancelled my service. They were never able to figure out how to get me the data service I had before I changed my password. It was a frustrating experience. Apparently they have not worked all the kinks out of this yet.
    Its a shot in the dark, did you try a hard reset?
    From the sound of it, those people who had a previous Sprint phone, used the Wireless Web, then upgraded to the Treo are usually the ones having trouble accessing the Vision side of PCS, change passwords, etc. Is that correct?

I know I'm in that category. I've headed the warnings and not tried to change passwords or access my mysterious account at the Vision site (which I can't get into). Has ANYONE in this camp been able to do it? Does calling Sprint and getting a ticket help? Or should I just continue to wait? Everything is working on my phone so I hate to screw with it. But I have no idea what I'm missing at my personal Vision.com site; is it worth it?
    I had the same problem until I spoke with them and they told me to shut the phone off for an extended amount of time (o/n)

I turned it back on in the morning, used the web and it worked as before...

then went to bc.sprintpcs.com and was able to finally log in.

I'd say keep trying until it works, the service is worth it.
    Newton->Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism->Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 755p->Touch Pro->Palm Pre!
    I had the exact same problem. The thing that finally got it to work for me is that once you reset your password, you have to wait at least 4 hours before trying to access the site. Once you try it and it doesn't work, don't try again for a while. They said that if you try mulitple times in a short period it will lock your account. "for security purposes" supposidely. Anyway, the way I eventually got mine to work is by having the password reset, waiting overnight, going to the pref settings and assigning my password to the unit, then I attempted to connect. Worked like a charm.

Definitely worth it now...I don't know how mere mortals live without this thing.
  7.    #7  
    mstubblefield,

could you give more information as to how you reset your password (or if Sprint did this)? if it was done by Sprint, did you go in and change it again so that you could access PCS Vision web site?

bioart,

they never told me to shut my phone off...just to leave it on and not touch it for 4-24 hours. after 16 hours, i just had to check...reprovisioned, but "unassigned" password in network pref, changed it to my password, then the dreaded [67] username/password combination problem...

thx,
    nobull
    I changed my password on the website as you described shortly after the rollout. I did have to input the new vision password in the network settings and, also, I observed that the original account of sprint-xxxxxxx01 is still the one you use to access the data services. If you change your name to get rid of the 01 they seem to use as a default (so your can buy more phones and name them 02 and 03) it still seems like your account, at some point in their system hierchy is still the version with 01. I did not wait 4 hours. When the settings were correct, it worked immediately.
    Originally posted by nobull
    Hi all,

Yesterday I went onto the Sprint PCS web site and changed my Vision Password as it has been stated here, and now on Sprint's web site. The first password I tried was the same as I use on my phone account, so it said I couldn't use the same password. Hmmm, ok, so I entered another password, which went through, and my Treo immediately said "Network settings update, update now" which I said yes. At that point, everything fell apart. I now have no data access. I've tried manually setting the password in the Network preferences to no avail.

Spoke to a very nice wireless web support person who put in a dreaded trouble ticket, 4-24 hours. Today, I call to get a status and I'm told up to 72 hours. It seems that my first password attempt put a service order into the system, and my second password attempt also put a service order into the system and they were trying to override each other and this blew it up. You'd think they could handle something that could be very common... If I go to the Sprint PCS web site, I can log into PCS Vision with the password that went through.

I've tried the soft reset, nothing.

Anyone had this problem? Ideas how to fix it? I've thought about going in and changing my password again to see if it will at least provision. I'm paying for this service, and expect that this would be easy to fix immediately.

Nobull
    The single most dreaded thing in the tech-support world is a customer with access to a keyboard.

Gary
    My fix for data was to do ##PRI, talk.....reset the phone back to default factory settings using the MSL code (I got that from a previous tech support call) and then make a data connection in a good signal area. It updated the settings and I was off to the races.
  11.    #11  
    First, Gary, then why promote it on the website to change your vision password? If Sprint promotes you to do it, then they should expect it.

Broose, I've done the ##774, talk, resest to factory with number, etc. No effect.

nobull
    Going to the website and changing my Vision password again did not work for me. I'm still getting the 67 error. Of course, I did make the mistake of changing my Vision ID two weeks ago, and I've been getting that error ever since. I can signon to the website with my Vision ID and password, and right now, it doesn't offer anything more than signing on with your phone number and PCS password.
  13.    #13  
    Geekette et al,

Finally spoke to a knowledgeable tech support (wireless web dept). They reset my username and password and totally reprovisioned me. It worked immediately, and I'm back and running!

The rep mentioned waiting to do anything with changing the password again for "a few days." I'm waiting weeks!

Finally, the last two tech support personnel I've spoken with have heard of the TREOCENTRAL web site. So, we're making some waves at Sprint!

nobull
    First, Gary, then why promote it on the website to change your vision password? If Sprint promotes you to do it, then they should expect it.

Broose, I've done the ##774, talk, resest to factory with number, etc. No effect.

nobull
    Because one of the primary reports of problems with provisioning has been changing username/password. People get things working, they change username/password and things are broke.

Dunno ... maybe I've been writting code for too many years, but when software is broke, its broke till its fixed, and I have seen nothing here or otherwise that states it, whatever "it" may be, is fixed.

Gary
    I was told that it would be two weeks before I could get the visons side. I have been on the phone for the last two weeks with tech support. they finally told me I would have to wait.
  16.    #16  
    Gary,

Not to belabor the point, but if Sprint puts on their web site how to change your vision password, you would think they thought it was working...if it wasn't, don't post the darn thing square in your sign-on page!

Us technogeeks are going to tax that system as much as we can to see what we can get from it. They should expect that if they are going to "open it up" with their detailed description on how to set/change your vision password right on the log-on screen.

I, for one, would like to know what my frickin' vision password is, and the only way to do that is change it after it is provisioned...RIGHT??? To access the items I supposedly have (Business Connection), you need to access the vision site. Do you know what your password was from when you were first provisioned? Nobody does!

The tech support person I spoke with yesterday who completely reprovisioned my phone with a new <username>##.sprintpcs.com and password (which, by the way, I have no idea what it is since Sprint assigned it) told me to wait a few days. This time, I'm waiting a few weeks.

nobull
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    I have a new sprint account and have had no trouble with changing passwords. However I have been unable to register for Biz connection or download the software. It says I have not given permission for extra services. Of course I have , confirmed by Sprint tech service. they seem to think that all is ok and should work. The last one told me to just try it again. when I log on to the bizconnection page as the account user/ admin it says I don't have permission for the service. When log on with my vision user name and password it says have the wrong user name. The name and password work fine at the pcs site. Last night I used the vision name and told them I forgot the password. It then asked me my security question, what is my mothers maiden name. With great relish at my cleverness I typed in the answer. Dispair followed when I was told my answer was incorrect. Oh well I don't know if I should try tech support again , wait to see if they can get it all worked out or just try Treomail. Too bad I love the Treo voice and web work well.

I, for one, would like to know what my frickin' vision password is, and the only way to do that is change it after it is provisioned...RIGHT??? To access the items I supposedly have (Business Connection), you need to access the vision site. Do you know what your password was from when you were first provisioned? Nobody does!

nobull
    You do NOT need a Vision Id to run Business Connection. I've been running Business Connection for weeks now without a Vision Id (old PCS account, had provisioning issues, created ticket for Vision side, etc..). In the forms that ask for your vision id, I first just left it blank (not a required field). Since then, I think 've put in a value of xxxxxx01@sprintpcs.com just for kicks, but it hasn't changed anything. To sign up for Business Connection, you only need the bc.sprintpcs.com site and the supporting applications you download from there.
  19.    #19  
    Ah, thanks Zippy.

Still, having a vision id and password allows you to access more information that you can from your regular account...at least currently it does.

nobull
    Originally posted by mdykes
    I was told that it would be two weeks before I could get the visons side. I have been on the phone for the last two weeks with tech support. they finally told me I would have to wait.
    I had the same problem and was able to resolve it. They gave me another Vision user name, but I was able to keep the same password. We reset the Treo 300. Then we went into the Palm Desktop and did something to clear out the user name and password in the Treo so that it would log on using the new user information. I'm sorry, but I don't remember where we went to do this. I think it may have been under "security." I hope this sketchy information may be of assistance to someone else having the same problems. It took several calls until I found a technician who knew what to do to correct the problem. They'll probably be getting lots of experience with this with other people also changing user names and passwords.