1.    #1  
    I finally got my new Treo 300 up and working except for one problem. None of my third party web applications work. If I tap on an icon, it does nothing. Other third party apps which don't use the web work fine. Blazer is the only program that connects. Anyone else have this problem and know what to do? Thanks!
    Which apps? PQA's? Advantgo?

I have advantgo, as well as two other browsers working
  3.    #3  
    No web apps other than Blazer are working. For example, Amazon.com, Ebay, Mapquest, various airline and hotel reservation apps, news and weather apps, all of which have worked on my Samsung I300 and Kycera 6035. Since it's all of them, it must be one problem rather than a problem with each application.
    Many of those sites require javascript, which is not supported by Blazer. Download the trial version of Xiino and see if that fixes your problems.
    Personally, I'd be a little leery of jumping to Xiino. I've had nothing but problems with it (and so have others on this board). I had to uninstall it, then later I tried again with similar bad errors.

Lots of fatal alerts with SMS (memoryMgr.c, Line:5253 ....) It messed up my connection to Sprint data, so I had to update that. After I unstalled it, the problems went away.

I wish I could use Xiino because it's clearly the best browser available right now for accessing many sites. But I'd rather wait for a more stable build.
  6.    #6  
    Originally posted by Preston
    Many of those sites require javascript, which is not supported by Blazer. Download the trial version of Xiino and see if that fixes your problems.
    Are you sure about the spelling? I couldn't find it at ZDnet or any of the usual download sites. Thanks.
    Sorry, I know I'm dense.

When you say no web apps, do you mean going to specific the URL's through blazer, or specific web clipping applications?

For example, when you say mapquest doesn't work, do you mean going to the main site http://www.mapquest.com/ through blazer doesn't work?

Ordo you mean going to the pda specific site http://www.mapquest.com/pda/main.adp through blazer doesn't work?

Or do you mean you have a specific app that you downloaded called mapquest.pqa, and that application doesn't work?

From you question, it sounds like you mean "pqa's" doen't work.

If thats what you mean, check out this thread
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...&highlight=pqa
    Here is the link:

http://www.palmgear.com/software/sho...2&prodID=42162

I have a 270 and had no trouble with Xiino. It crashed more often than Blazer but never required a hard reset, just a soft reset. It typically crashed when I lost my network connection in the middle of a download. It supports rudimentary javascript so there are some sites that will still render incorrectly.

If you mean PQAs, Xiino won't help. Search for PQA on this site and you will find lots of help in addressing the challenges.
    I have a similar problem to MrSandman above. I believe he is talking about applications outside of any browser, that you would find in your Palm Home page. For example, Continental airlines offers an application that I downloaded to my Treo 300, and it's supposed to interface with their servers directly to get flight schedules, flight status, etc. When I tap on the <B>icon</B>, nothing happens. I'm attributing it to the Palm OS version 3.5H being incompatible. I emailed Continental about it, but have heard nothing back yet. Luckily, now with Xiino I'm able to use the browser to go to pda.continental.com to get what the application would've provided.

UPDATE: Just caught the PQA thread
    Last edited by zippy57; 08/27/2002 at 10:19 PM.
    Hi ziipy.

I think those are "pqa" applications. check out the thread I mentioned.
  11.    #11  
    Originally posted by work_permit

Or do you mean you have a specific app that you downloaded called mapquest.pqa, and that application doesn't work?

From you question, it sounds like you mean "pqa's" doen't work.

If thats what you mean, check out this thread
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...&highlight=pqa
    "For example, when you say mapquest doesn't work, do you mean going to the main site http://www.mapquest.com/ through blazer doesn't work?"

I'm specifically talking about the .prc apps which are most of the individual apps in which you tap the icon on the launcher screen. It would be horrible if they're not compatable with Treo.
    I believe all the apps referred to by MrSandman are PQA applications meant to work in the PQA browser included with those two cdma phones.

There is no built in PQA browser in the Treo 300. That is why you cannot use these apps. Search for PQAs on this site and you will find many threads on the subject.

You have two choices:
    1. Use the Palm MIK kit and use the backdoor into Palm.net (your conscience may pique you here for using their service without payment)
    2. Get the JPMobile SureWave browser fromj www.jpmobile.com. The download link disappeared last week so you may have to ask them for a copy.
    metadave is correct

stuff like amazon and continental are PQA apps.
  14.    #14  
    Oh this is so frustrating!! I've been going to links on both this thread and other threads. Some download links are gone and another one I tried didn't do the trick. So I went to www.woggledog.com and followed the instructions. But one of the steps in the instructions is to load the Palm PQA and then open it. But I CAN'T open this or any other PQAs which is why I'm there in the first place. This makes it impossible to go through the subsequent steps. I guess I'll just keep at it.
    I used a previous thread to get PQAs to work on my Treo 300. Stockexchanger gave a link:
    http://www.golddave.com/palm/howto/u..._palm_vii.html
    which worked perfectly in setting up my Treo 300 to run PQAs on it. Don't bother checking the Palm OS version ... it'll work fine as long as you pick the web clipping libraries for Palm OS 3.5. Also, don't forget to reset the proxy setting to the default.

Hope it helps.
    Originally posted by MrSandman
    Oh this is so frustrating!! I've been going to links on both this thread and other threads. Some download links are gone and another one I tried didn't do the trick. So I went to www.woggledog.com and followed the instructions. But one of the steps in the instructions is to load the Palm PQA and then open it. But I CAN'T open this or any other PQAs which is why I'm there in the first place. This makes it impossible to go through the subsequent steps. I guess I'll just keep at it.
    MrSandman,

I feel your pain! I can't get any PQAs working either. I've followed the instructions on woggledog, as well as golddave to install the libraries and I verified they are on my treo. I've done a hard reset just to make sure I did it right and I had the same results.

In my case I get an immediate fatal exception when I try to run any PQA and then I have to reset the treo.

I'll keep on trying...

-Juan
    The "Goldave instructions" worked quite well for me.

One point I'll make: advantgo seems to "crash", causing a soft reset every now and then. Don't know if this issue is related
  18.    #18  
    I finally got those files installed from one of those sites. Now, when I try to use most PQAs, I get a message saying, "Version 4.0 is needed to use this application" or something along those lines. However, I did get one of my favorite PQAs to work. But this is only because I was able to download another version of it that's compatable with OS 3.5. I assume that somewhere along the line a better fix will come along. Thanks everyone for your help.

If anyone else replies I'll be on the road for a few days. I haven't tried getting this site on my Treo but assume it would be too big to function well.
    I haven't tried getting this site on my Treo but assume it would be too big to function well.
    Try http://mobile.treocentral.com/

Works like a charm on my treo