1.    #1  
    Hello,

Just picked up a T300. I would like to use a handsfree headset, but really dislike the one provided (Those dangly microphones on a string mean that I end up holding onto it with one hand most of the time in order for the person on the other end to clearly hear me. Not exactly what I call "hands free"). Anyway, I am used to using a Plantronics earpiece with a short boom mic. I've tried using the one I have, but I don't think the plug is suitable. I get a lot of feedback, etc. I think what I probably need is one with an extra plug segment that handles going off hook like the one that ships with the device does.

Anyway, does anyone have any recommendations for a headset that would meet my needs? Or perhaps is there a "specification" that I need to look for when shopping for a compatible one.

Thanks
    Bry
    I believe that headsets made for the Nokia 3300 and 8200 series are compatible. I did a search on this forum a while ago, and if I remember correctly, that's what other people have said.
    Yep. Plantronics, Jabra and others for the 3300/8000 Nokias work fine. I use the Plantronics 143-N1 (I think) and it works great.

Paul
    All of above is true. The key to look for is on the jack that plugs into the phone. To be compatible, it needs to have three black rings on the end (most have only two). Jabra makes several boom mikes, as does Plantronics. Jabra even has one that is retractable (so the wires stay out of the way when it's not in use). I have also used some "no-names" that I've picked up that have worked just fine.
    I personaly use a Jabra headset with me Treo 300. It is sold as being for the "Nokia 8800/8200/3300 Series Phone". As sbcrair said, this is the plug style with three black rings. The extra connection is for (I believe) the push button which allows you to recieve and end calls without touching the phone. I highly recomend the Jabra, and am very happy with it.
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    There is a thread in the TREO300 forum for the Jabra Bluetooth set.Take a look.
  7.    #7  
    I picked up the Jabra Boom headset for Nokia-N1 over the weekend. Works quite well, and I like the sound quality (on my end, anyway). Thanks for the advice folks!

Bry