1.    #1  
    Well Sorta - If/when Sprint gorts off their duff with SMS it will be true push.

Ok here is what I did. Remeber this is a lotus notes client/solution. I installed a program called WirelessMail 3.0e. This installs a agent onto your mail database on you Notes Server. When you get a mail it sends the mail to ANY place you want.

Now if Sprint had its act together I could just push it to my phone number - thats fine for information process, but what if I need to respond? Also the format shows the entrire message, its not like you have a header and then select it - Man they eed to get off their duffs and enable true sms - I hear they are gonna do it in December.

So this is what I did. When I had 2g mail, I would forward ALL my mail to sprintPCS and it would ding my phone. I would then go to the real pop address and download them. Not bad, but it worked.

Now that Vision is into play, I cant get to that old mail account, but forwarding is still happening - cool. man I wonder how much space those emails are taking - LOL All my emails from all my accounts have copies sitting there - well its their fault - know what I mean?

What I did was had the notes client forward the mail to a mailbox that I created on one of my pop accounts (you can use yahoo or hotmail for this), then had that account forward a copy to sprintpcs which in turn alerts my phone. I then go to the real pop server and download the mail, and I can reply and it will use the proper account information and look like I replied right from the network where the original was sent.

Works for me - Man I love theis Treo - LOL
    Originally posted by Mr.Pink19108
    Well Sorta - If/when Sprint gorts off their duff with SMS it will be true push.

Ok here is what I did. Remeber this is a lotus notes client/solution. I installed a program called WirelessMail 3.0e. This installs a agent onto your mail database on you Notes Server. When you get a mail it sends the mail to ANY place you want.

Now if Sprint had its act together I could just push it to my phone number - thats fine for information process, but what if I need to respond? Also the format shows the entrire message, its not like you have a header and then select it - Man they eed to get off their duffs and enable true sms - I hear they are gonna do it in December.

So this is what I did. When I had 2g mail, I would forward ALL my mail to sprintPCS and it would ding my phone. I would then go to the real pop address and download them. Not bad, but it worked.

Now that Vision is into play, I cant get to that old mail account, but forwarding is still happening - cool. man I wonder how much space those emails are taking - LOL All my emails from all my accounts have copies sitting there - well its their fault - know what I mean?

What I did was had the notes client forward the mail to a mailbox that I created on one of my pop accounts (you can use yahoo or hotmail for this), then had that account forward a copy to sprintpcs which in turn alerts my phone. I then go to the real pop server and download the mail, and I can reply and it will use the proper account information and look like I replied right from the network where the original was sent.

Works for me - Man I love theis Treo - LOL
    With the SPCS Business Connection applet on the Treo, you can select for pushed mail, either headers only, or headers with 1K, 3K or 5K of the message.
    I second that motion... Sprint PCS Business Connection is the way to go if you want push mail and have Lotus Notes.
    Roger
  4.    #4  
    Originally posted by enagel

With the SPCS Business Connection applet on the Treo, you can select for pushed mail, either headers only, or headers with 1K, 3K or 5K of the message.
    Sounds nice - but the BC client causes a fatal exception on my w2k desktop, also you gotta pay monthly for it, also you gotta leave the desktop on.

This way I just pay for the software, and pull it myself.
    Originally posted by Mr.Pink19108
    I installed a program called WirelessMail 3.0e. This installs a agent onto your mail database on you Notes Server. When you get a mail it sends the mail to ANY place you want.
    Thank you *so* much for the pointer to this app. It works *great* in my Notes mailfile.