1.    #1  
    There seems to be very little clear info available on this. I understand that it is for syncing your calandar, contacts, etc, but will it support conduits? Or is this just 'in addition to' or in case you want to publish your calandar on the web? Anyone know?
    Global Posts
    384 Global Posts
    I'm thinking that this will be mainly for Apple's new Address book and iCal. I doubt conduits will be supported.

I hope there will be a way to sync Apple's Mail.app to the palm, too, but I wouldn't count on it.

Of course, anything discussed here is pure speculation. Steve Jobs was decidedly vague in his presentation of iSync when it came to Palm support. His emphasis was on Bluetooth phones, which suggests to me that Apple may be headed in that direction with a product of its own. Either that, or the Palm portion of iSync wasn't written at all yet, so he couldn't demo it. That's probably why we're still waiting for it.

Still, they would be stupid to ignore Palm, and its enormous Mac/Palm user base.

I just hope by "Palm" support, they just don't mean Palm-branded devices. I'd love to see Treo 90, 300, and Sony Clie users finally get a chance to sync without having to shell out extra cash. I'd be willing to bet that Apple would, too.
    mrjoec
    www.joecieplinski.com
    Originally posted by mrjoec

Still, they would be stupid to ignore Palm, and its enormous Mac/Palm user base.
    Apple would be foolish to ignore the PPC crowd as well, given their whole "Switch" campaign, but I didn't see any support for sync'ing PPC devices.

I also think Apple has something up it's sleeve, but if I had to speculate as to what it was, it certainly wouldn't be the iPhone that I've seen rumoured. Remember, Apple also released Inkwell with Jaguar, which didn't make sense at first. Why release hand writing recognition software if the machines you currently produce can't use it (at least not without spending extra $$ for a tablet)?

I think there's an iTablet in Apple's near-term future.....
    It's gotta be weather balloons. It's always weather balloons. Big, fiery, exploding weather balloons.
    -- ComaVN (from Slashdot)
    Originally posted by sowens
    Apple would be foolish to ignore the PPC crowd as well, given their whole "Switch" campaign, but I didn't see any support for sync'ing PPC devices. [...]
    The problem with this is the same as it ever was. Does Microsoft make all of the sync specs public knowledge? Not everyone is going to spend the time trying to reverse engineer a syncing process if the potential return isn't very high.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...