1.    #1  
    Hey everyone. I was thinking about purchasing a Treo 90 in the near future, and I was just reading these forums about the backlight issue. I was wondering if this has been resolved? I'd hate to make a purchase like this only to return it after two weeks. Thanks!
    Last edited by Derango; 08/26/2002 at 09:25 PM.
    As far as I know, teh backlight issue has been resolved. Haven't seen much posts about the issue lately.

Originally posted by Derango
    Hey everyone. I was thinking about purchasing a Treo 90 in the near future, and I was just reading these forums about the backlight issue. I was wondering if this has been resolved? I'd hate to make a purchase like this only to return it after two weeks. Thanks!
  3.    #3  
    Thanks! I really like the form factor (I fell in love with it the minute I saw it, actually). Its going to be a nice step up from my Sony Clie PEG-S320
    I think that's the first time I've heard of someone making the jump from a Sony to Handspring...maybe I've been hanging around on Palminfocenter's boards too long .
    Alex.

P.S. I have a Treo and highly recommend it...I LOVE IT!
    Goodbye my lovely Treo
    HELLO TG50
  5.    #5  
    Yea, I would have gotten another sony, but they release too many different handhelds in too short of a time span. It scares the 3rd party accessory people away. Handspring is more stable in that regard.

My first PDA was a Visor Deluxe, which I loved a lot. then I jumped to the sony since I liked the backlight, jog dial, expansion, screen...and price

But...I love the design of the treo.

Yea, looking at it from a different persepctive, the trend seems to be away from handspring to sony, doesn't it Well...I like being different.
  6.    #6  
    Well, my new toy is charging right now

Its much lighter than I thought it would be though (which is always a plus ). I can't wait to actually use it for somthing

You should see my grin right now
    Boy...you were certainly fast on that one...just wait till you turn the colour screen on...I love it! I think you made a wise purchase and you will really enjoy it..just wait till you slip it in your pocket and it literally disappears.
    Alex.
    Goodbye my lovely Treo
    HELLO TG50
  8.    #8  
    Yea, I've been considering buying one for a while, and once I got that little thing about the backlight issue out of the way, I went right down to staples (cheaper than getting it at handspring...and I can exchange it there if, for some odd chance, I get one of the bad backlighted ones) and grabbed it

I've already slipped it into my pocket..oh yea I think my Sony is like 7-8 oz...I could never go back to that.

Its so tiny!
    I have seen several Treo 90 units with the backlight issue but it is really not that distracting. I love my Treo 90 and have finally found a PDA that I don't mind carrying around all the time. Even though I thought my Visor Platinum was very useful, it was bulky enough that I got tired of carrying in my shirt pocket by the end of the day. Not a problem with the Treo 90!

Scott
  10.    #10  
    Well...the backlight issue that was in question is when it fails completly. Its rather hard to see the screen without the backlight

That would be slightly distracting, don't you think?
    Oops, sorry....! I was refering to the hot spot in the upper right corner caused by the backlight. I should try to read the post more carefully.....!

Scott
  12.    #12  
    yea, I can live with that spot...the screen quality more than makes up for a little bright spot in the corner

I also love how they changed the address book from the palm standard version...very nice improvements...you can actually see the names of the people you know now

So far, I'm extremely happy with my Treo, except I keep forgetting I don't have a graffiti area
    I know what you mean...I thought that at first I would miss the graffitti area so I downloaded that Newpen program that allows me to do graffitti right on the screen...but I never use it now, that keyboard is just so handy. The only thing I did to make it more useful is remap the ToDo Key to launch the Applications so it works like a Home button...though some programs use it as part so I still have to do the two-button home on occasion.
    Alex.
    Goodbye my lovely Treo
    HELLO TG50
  14.    #14  
    Well...I knew I wouldn't miss the graffiti area...I just keep moving my stylus down to write on the keyboard

a year and a half of habit isn't broken very easily