1.    #1  
    So, here's how it works with my Treo: I hit the shift key once, then I hit the first few letters that I'm going to type very quickly (I'm getting pretty fast with this keyboard). Often, the first few letters will be capitolized. For example, if I type <shift>hello, it will come out as "HELlo". It's like I hit a couple letters so quickly that it had not yet decided that it was time to turn off the shift.

Has anybody run into this? It's certainly not a dealbreaker, but I'd like to let Handspring know about it if it really is a bug.

Comments?
    I have noticed this when I send email in Eudora. When I start to compose, the shift sticks. I erase, hit the shift key twice to get it back to lower case, and then I'm off to the races. It is only in the first sentence. After that, it is only uppercase for the first letter after the end of a sentence.
  3.    #3  
    That's actually different from what I've seen. When I start out, I'm not in shift-lock (caps lock?) mode. It's just that all keys that I hit in the first (roughly) half-second are shifted and all keys after that time period are not. Kinda odd.
  4. Puk
    Originally posted by CyrusL
    That's actually different from what I've seen. When I start out, I'm not in shift-lock (caps lock?) mode. It's just that all keys that I hit in the first (roughly) half-second are shifted and all keys after that time period are not. Kinda odd.
    Have you checked that the shift key is actually coming up and that you're actually letting go of it? Shift works two ways. In the first, if you hit and release it, then the next button you hit is capitalized. In the second, you can hold it down (like a real shift key) while typing and characters are all capitalized until you let go of the shift key. Are you sure you're not accidentally using the second way?

It sounds like you might either be holding it down too long, or have a shift key that has a sticky mechanism internally (so it's not letting up the contact when you let go). Or it's actually a bug. Have you tried it on someone else's Treo yet?

-Puk
    i have the same problem with Eudora mentioned elsewhere in the thread. No sticky shift problems with other programs (Treo 300).
    Kami