1.    #1  
    Hi Everyone,
    I'm wanting to know if anyone has been truly successful syncing their Visor on two computers. If so, how is the best way of doing it?

I have a cradle for my visor at home and work. I want to be able to keep the datebook, addresses, ToDo list, and memos completely up to date on both computers, as well as WordSmith docs. At one point in time, I was doing it with no problem using PocketMirror.

Then, somehow, something went awry and now I always end up with dupes by syncing from one to the other...as well as it re-setting home & business addresses.

I tried everything to try to pull them back together. I continued working to try to make everything the same so that PocketMirror wouldn't duplicate them. I finally tried installing Desktop to Go to see if that would help. No luck.

Can anyone help me on this?

Thanks,

Michael Barnes
    Michael J. Barnes
    Associate Professor
    Wayne State University

Visor >> VisorPhone >> Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650>> Centro >> Pre+
    Hey,

I have been doing it for about a year now...first with my edge and then with my prism. I have a windoze machine at work and a macintosh at home. I have always been able to sync without any dupes as you say. Any others?
    Cheers
  3.    #3  
    Are you just using Chapura Pocket Mirror?

Michael
    Michael J. Barnes
    Associate Professor
    Wayne State University

I sync daily at home and work, both using PocketMirror. About once a week, I sync with a 3rd machine (laptop) using the palm Desktop. I've never had a problem with duplicates that weren't a result of my own stupidity.

With PocketMirror, as long as both machines have the same basic sync settings, there shouldn't be a problem. Go to Chapura's web site and search their FAQ's... they have a lot of helpful information for syncing to multiple machines.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
  5.    #5  
    I suppose I should have went into a bit more detail.

First of all, one is my home machine and one is my work machine.

Second, the work machine is running outlook attached to an Exchange server.

Third, I use several of the custom fields to add more info to my Visor. I use the normal address fields as the home address and have one of the custom fields as the business address. I think this is what is causing the dupes. When they happen the converting to business addresses in their Outlook designation. Then, I've lost some of the info.

I also use custom fields for the Other Address, 2nd e-mail address, and pager number.

I have a feeling, all of the custom fields are what is screwing things up.

I see that Chapura has a new product called Key Contacts that maps most all of the Outlook Contacts fields to the Palm. I'm thinking it may solve my problem. I'm going to download the free trial and see.

However, if anyone has any more tips to help, I would appreciate it. There's a chance this program may not work as I'm hoping it will.

Thanks,
    Michael
    Michael J. Barnes
    Associate Professor
    Wayne State University

Originally posted by atremorer

I see that Chapura has a new product called Key Contacts that maps most all of the Outlook Contacts fields to the Palm. I'm thinking it may solve my problem. I'm going to download the free trial and see.

When Key Contacts was released a month or so ago - I initially purchased it and then requested and received a refund. I have since purchased version 1.1 and I think you'll be happy with the results. I didn't like the program initially because on the Palm/Sony you couldn't see all of the fields without going into the edit screen. This issue has been resolved with 1.1.

I'm not getting any duplicates and you are correct in assuming that they were probably generated by the address field issues. The second complaint I had with Key Contacts was that it did not use the default address book contained on the Palm and hence you would not see an accont that was added to Key Contacts in the default address book. This is still an issue but I've gotten a work around that now seems to resolve the problem and initially I thought would cause duplications.

With the Intellisync Lite version that comes with the Sony Clie - the program will sync to the normal Palm address book.

The default hotsync will also sync to the normal Palm address book but Chapura/Key Contacts recommends that you turn it off to avoid "problems". None have occurred so far so I think you'll be pleased.
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.