1.    #1  
    Can what to turn off the status light to save power?
    Originally posted by johnpalm
    Do you mean ---

"What can I do to turn off the status light to save power?"

Gary
    Originally posted by johnpalm
    What you can do is turn off wireless and in turn will turn off the status lights.

Try holding the power button for 1-2 seconds until you hear a descending tone. This will turn off wireless mode and turn off the status lights.

This will make your treo a PDA device only and you will conserve power this way.

Robert
  4.    #4  
    I dont went to turn off the wireless mode I only went to turn off the light. Light most cell phone if you turn off the status light it saves alot of power
  5. jrv
    I don't think the status LED takes much power. If it did they wouldn't use it.

I haven't had my Treo 300 long enough to do any experiments on battery life but mine appears likely to go at least three days on a charge.

The only objection I ever had to the status LED on my Kyocera QCP-6035 was that on a couple of occasions I was in a dark club and looked down to realize I could see the status LED blinking through my clothes...
    The only objection I ever had to the status LED on my Kyocera QCP-6035 was that on a couple of occasions I was in a dark club and looked down to realize I could see the status LED blinking through my clothes...
    ACtually I was in a play and the light on my Treo, and it was mildly annoying. I just swivelled it so it was facing down (CaseTechWorks case). Problem solved.
    I'd like to turn mine off without turning off the phone as well. I just got my Treo 270 yesterday, and last night found the blinking green light to be rather annoying when I went to bed. I need to be able to receive calls at night, so turning it off isn't an option. If it was constant I could point it away from me and ignore it. But when my eyes have adjusted to the dark, that green light is *bright* when it flashes. Even when pointed away from me I can see half the room light up. I don't want to have to hide my Treo under a sock every night.