1.    #1  
    Hello all,

I am experiencing another problem with my Treo 270. I get the following:

1. Person on other line can hear themselves very loud at times during conversation(not all the way thru the conversation).

2. Person on other line can hear a loud irritating "buzzing" sound. Sometimes it's so loud, he/she has to hold their phone away from their ear.

3. When I try to answer a call, the other party can't hear me at all.

I'm not sure if any of the above are a result of a poorly made Treo 270 or if the Voicestream in Hawaii sucks. I do experience all of the above at one time or another, so it's not like it happened only once and I put it up on this forum. I experienced each one above at least 4 times in the past 4 weeks.

I don't want to get into the "VisorPhone debate" where Voicestream blames Handspring and Handspring will blame Voicestream!

Please help,

Stan
    <placeyouremail@here.com>....Relaying denied.
    IP name lookup failed [10.196.223.228]
    I've been using Voicestream on Oahu (central/leeward) on my Visorphone/Treo 270 since February '01 with no problems. I have experienced strong reception and good sound quality and have no complaints with their service here. I've used my phone on Maui & Big Island too with good results, though the coverage was not as good as on Oahu.

The only time I've ever had a problem was recently in San Francisco on my 270 when roaming with Cingular. Reception on my side was good but the person on the other end could hear themselves talking...sometimes to the point where we had to end the call. Once I returned to Hawaii, the problem went away.

Sorry to hear about the problems you are experiencing, but I would consider getting a replacement Treo...or see if you can try your SIM in a friends phone to see if you experience the same problems.

Aloha