Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    OK, folks, I think I have the "perfect" email vendor now (after MUCH trial and error). My wants/needs:
    1. Automatic pull or push to the device
    2. Multiple email accounts
    3. Leave the email on server so that my PC can also receive them.
    4. Don't want to have my PC always online in order to receive email on the Treo (often have my laptop with me, and only one of the accounts is on a corporate server).
    5. Ability to read attachments, when I want to (eg, only download them if I want to).

Corsoft's Aileron (www.corsoft.net) does all this. A couple of things, though:

1. In their current version, if you leave the Aileron app (go to any other app), it disconnects you from the data network (the phone will still work). Contact them and they will send you a beta version that corrects this...works fine.
    2. If you want to use the auto pull (I've got mine set to check every 10 minutes), make sure you check the clock on the front folders page of the app after changing the preferences to "Timed Access Armed". And, if you have to do a soft reset of the Treo for any reason, you need to go back and uncheck, then check the clock again. Kinda kluge, but works.

Their tech support is great (actually talked to the founder for a while), and they're looking to improve the interface even more. I give them a big thumbs up.
    Glad you found a winner sbcrair.

If you could get calls while checking mail I might try something like that, but since you can only do one at a time I just check my mail from time to time. But I guess I'm never getting any "critical" e-mail messages .
    If you haven't already seen it, just look at the "answer" thread:
    Answer: How to send/Receive Sprint PCS mail using POP/SMTP

I stumbled across this fix on the Sprint website and wasted quite a lot of time fumbling through it. rfrance74's "answer" post could have saved me serious minutes. :-)
    Doug
    I'm part of the unlucky crowd as well. Can't send emails from Eudora using smtp.sprintpcs.com.

So I called Sprint Tech Support (I was on hold for an hour). After discussing it with them for a while, they couldn't figure out my problem. Finally a Level 2 tech told me the SMTP server has been down for a month and I won't be able to send email...period. He didn't have an answer as to when it would be available.

So I find this site and read about all the people that can send email successfully. I found a thread from someone that said you have to have a Wireless Web account set up first with a completely different password Click here for the thread.

Alas, I thought my woes were finally over. But when I go to set up that email password on the PCS Web site (aka Pathetically Crappy Site), it doesn't do anything. It simply reloads the page or goes back to the My Sprint PCS page. I noticed on the thread someone else was having the same problem. I called Sprint again (another hour) and they said they didn't know what the problem was and more than likely it was being worked on. Yeah, right. From my experience, the right hand of Sprint Vision doesn't know what the other is doing.

Seems like some people are having success and others not. Anyone know of a workaround? The tech guy can't set a Wireless Web email account over the phone.

- m
    Last edited by maazmaaz; 09/02/2002 at 12:13 PM.
    Originally posted by darnell
    I don't use Sprint BC software. And it does not handle POP mail. Why I don't know. What I do know is that you should be able to send/receive your mail using Yahoo's POP/Forwarding service if you have it. I use Eudora.
    BC does pop.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Originally posted by maazmaaz
    I'm part of the unlucky crowd as well. Can't send emails from Eudora using smtp.sprintpcs.com.

- m
    I've been using smtp via sprintpcs all day. Their mail service is very spotty .. and doesn't work on weekend evenings (most of the time). I've gotten smtp to work via Eudora and iambic Mail.

It sure sounds like you do have a password problem .. if pop3 works via sprintpcs .. then smtp should work also. Try fooling around with the security settings.
    -Bob
    -Sprint Treo 650
    I altered the security settings in Eudora and that allows me to enter a username and password for the SMTP server when I send a message. But it doesn't work with my Vision password. From what I understand, I need to set up a separate email password. But when I go to sign up for one, that part of the SprintPCS site is not working (what else is new ).

Is this right? Does everyone use a separate email password to send email? Or are you using your Vision password? Or are you using any at all??

- m
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Originally posted by maazmaaz

Is this right? Does everyone use a separate email password to send email? Or are you using your Vision password? Or are you using any at all??

- m
    I'm using a password setup via SprintPCS web site. Try calling (877) 228-2257 .. you don't need to go through Claire .. and they may be able to help.

btw .. I was able to use the sprint mail system this weekend with no problem
    -Bob
    -Sprint Treo 650
    I have not been using SprintPCS's email system at all. I installed Corsoft's Aileron product on the Treo, and just use SPCS's data network to send and receive email. Works just fine. I gave up on SPCS's email a long time ago!
    Sprint's e-mail works fine for me in conjunction with Eudora.

I receive e-mail from my personal ISP's POP server and use Sprint's SMTP server to send mail.

Anyone having problems should call Sprint. You are entitled to a working SMTP connection from Sprint.

I was having problems before, called Sprint at the number mentioned and they fixed me up in a day or 2 .
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123