Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Originally posted by Joel
    I can send e-mail with no problem.
    I have a new account, use Eudora and send to
    smtp.sprintpcs.com

The people at Sprint told me to use this for outbound mail
    Very interesting.

So do you use your userid@sprintpcs.com email address? And in Eudora do you specify the smtp server as smtp.sprintpcs.com? What about the security/authentication settings in Eudora?

I have not been able to replicate your success using my @sprintpcs.com email address, but am eager to learn more details about your set up.

Many thanks in advance!
    Originally posted by bobgott
    Going back on my previous remark "This isn't intuitive" is still on the mark .. I signed up w/Sprint email by getting a PCS Vision userid/password first. Then .. through some painfully slow clicks I signed up for email .. and received yet a 3rd password (one I use for my POP3/SMTP). All this was done via www.sprintpcs.com.
    I already have a PCS Vision account and after logging in I have a section called "PCS Mail" which is an e-mail account. I never had to sign up for it though, it's just always been there and works fine from the web based interface. It is the e-mail account related to my PCS Vision ID/password. I don't see any options to create any other e-mail account.

I just tried again from my Treo and I can not use this account to send or receive mail. I get authentication errors when trying from my phone. Same problem I've always had. So it still is not working for me...

I used Eudora and had my smtp server set at smtp.sprintpcs.com and my pop server set at pop.sprintpcs.com . I had "Best Available" set for authentication and use SSL if available.

I guess this simply is not working for some of us.
    I can vouch for what others are saying - using your "2G" sprintpcs account and password along with the pop and smtp servers works for me. In fact I didn't even know I had that email account since I never check it. As it turns out I had a welcome message in my inbox from 7/12/02. When and how I signed up I don't know but thanks to everyone for the info.

Note, I've never logged into the Vision portion of the Sprint website and with all of the confusion/problems going on I'm kinda afraid to do so right now.

-Juan
    I remember having an old 2G e-mail account, but after upgrading to a Vision plan it appears to be gone. I did not care about it when upgrading because I never used mine either, but I did know it was there and played with it probably a year or more ago when I first set it up. But it's gone now.

I'm wondering if those 2G accounts will continue to work. Maybe some Sprint reps know about them and are telling customers to use them. But it just does not seem that was their original plan. Just seams it would have been better documented and all.

Maybe one day when I've got A LOT of time free I'll call Sprint support and see what they tell me this time . But I'm not pressed, they've given me a free month, my Yahoo POP mail account is good for a year and I only use it to send messages.... I can wait till Sprint has their act together on this one.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Darnell ..
    I actually found a group at Sprint that come close to know what they're talking about. Try calling (877) 228-2257 .. this is the group that is somewhat higher than the normal customer support.

They can get you through their email setup.

-bob
    -Bob
    -Sprint Treo 650
    Darnell ..
    I actually found a group at Sprint that come close to know what they're talking about. Try calling (877) 228-2257 .. this is the group that is somewhat higher than the normal customer support.

They can get you through their email setup.

-bob
    Yea I called. Thanks for the tip.

But they were not able to fix me .

The guy tried to work with me on it for a while and I was able to receive e-mail from the account once. Before I was never able to send or receive from my Treo on the account although it works on-line. But by the time we were done I was back to square 1 and unable to send or receive mail with my PCS Vision e-mail account from the Treo. So my issue has been taken up to another level and I'm suppose to hear something in the next few days.

He mentioned that there have been various problems ever since the transition to 3G.

I guess everyone having problems should call. Since it appears this is a feature you are suppose to have access to.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Originally posted by darnell

Yea I called. Thanks for the tip.

But they were not able to fix me .

You might want to try Iambic Mail .. (free download) .. and enable authentication for smtp.sprintpcs.com

Good luck!
    -Bob
    -Sprint Treo 650
    So, after going through this whole thread, I still don't know:

I have an email account (use yahoo). Is there a way for either the Treo to pull email from the account, or have my sprintpcs mail account pull from that account and then push to my Treo, all automatically (or on a timed basis)?
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Originally posted by sbcrair
    So, after going through this whole thread, I still don't know:

I have an email account (use yahoo). Is there a way for either the Treo to pull email from the account, or have my sprintpcs mail account pull from that account and then push to my Treo, all automatically (or on a timed basis)?
    I believe if you pay extra for Yahoo POP3 account and you use the Handspring mail service "Treo Mail" .. you will be able to all/most of what you want.
    -Bob
    -Sprint Treo 650

I believe if you pay extra for Yahoo POP3 account and you use the Handspring mail service "Treo Mail" .. you will be able to all/most of what you want.
    Yes I have the Yahoo POP3 service that bobgott is talking about. With it you can check and send mail using your Yahoo Mail account. I pull mail on demand from my Yahoo account into my Treo. No need for the Sprint PCS account at all. I'd just like the Sprint mail service to work, since it's suppose to.

Think of Sprint PCS Vision as an open web connection like with any other ISP, the only difference is that it's wireless and on a PDA instead of wired on a PC.
    i understand all above. I am using TreoMail (and experimenting with Corsoft Aileron), but I'd like to be able to use SprintPCS's email (I have that working, but only if I have my desktop on, and Sprint PCS's Business Connection working on the desktop). I'd like BC to pull from my Yahoo account (not forward from the Yahoo account to Sprint PCS...I need the email on my desktop AND on the Treo). Kinda complicated, I know, but bottom line I'm trying to find the best of all worlds, and if SprintPCS's BC email will pull from a pop3 account (instead of from the desktop or corporate account), that would meet my needs. Is that possible?
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    i understand all above. I am using TreoMail (and experimenting with Corsoft Aileron), but I'd like to be able to use SprintPCS's email (I have that working, but only if I have my desktop on, and Sprint PCS's Business Connection working on the desktop). I'd like BC to pull from my Yahoo account (not forward from the Yahoo account to Sprint PCS...I need the email on my desktop AND on the Treo). Kinda complicated, I know, but bottom line I'm trying to find the best of all worlds, and if SprintPCS's BC email will pull from a pop3 account (instead of from the desktop or corporate account), that would meet my needs. Is that possible?
    well someone else can chime in ... but i'm somewhat lost. I use sprintpcs pop3/smtp and successfully send/receive emails via my sprint account (using iambic Mail). I do not use the Business Connection.

Sprint, however, is so unreliable (at least in the last month) .. I would never count on them for normal day-2-day work.
    -Bob
    -Sprint Treo 650
    Well Sprint must have fixed whatever was broken in regards to my POP mail access. Today I can send and receive mail using the Sprint mail servers . They have not called me to say anything is fixed, but it works now when trying to send and receive using Sprint's servers.

sbcrair - I'm confused now too. I can use my Treo to send and receive POP mail on my Yahoo account. I don't need Sprint BC for anything when it comes to my Yahoo mail.

To send and receive Yahoo mail use the following settings in your mail software on your Treo:
    pop server: pop.mail.yahoo.com
    smtp server: smtp.mail.yahoo.com
    OK, let me try to get a little more specific. darnell, what email software on your Treo are you using? As I mentioned, I am experimenting with three different ones...TreoMail, Aileron and Sprint's BizConn (from Seven). I can get the former two to pull down email from my Yahoo account (without actually forwarding from Yahoo to either of them), but I haven't been able to get BizConn to do that. Damn, do they have to make this so complicated (btw, I'm one of those who has yet to get his "Vision" activated on the web site, although I have full access to the web (using Blazer), sending and receiving data, and voice calls).
    I don't use Sprint BC software. And it does not handle POP mail. Why I don't know. What I do know is that you should be able to send/receive your mail using Yahoo's POP/Forwarding service if you have it. I use Eudora.
    Has anyone able to send mail noticed that the "Sent Time" is an hour ahead of EST? No big deal, but a little odd.
    One other question: with the Yahoo POP/Forwarding service, is there a way to leave the email on the server so that my PC can also pull down the emails (rather than having it completely forwarded to my Treo)?

I have not noticed the hour differential from EST, but I haven't really looked...I'll watch out for it.
    Is it Central Standard Time (Sprint Headquarters is), but that would be 1 hr behind. I guess it is Atlantic Time...for all of you Nova Scotians on Sprint....zero!
    One other question: with the Yahoo POP/Forwarding service, is there a way to leave the email on the server so that my PC can also pull down the emails (rather than having it completely forwarded to my Treo)?

I have not noticed the hour differential from EST, but I haven't really looked...I'll watch out for it.
    That's something you have to look for in the settings of the mail client you are using.

Brooose - Yea I would have understood if it were an hour behind. But I received a message at 3:09PM ET that Outlook says was sent at 4:05PM.... It was a message I had just sent from my treo.
    Darnell,

It was just an interdimensional space-time continuum message through a temporal wormhole....happens all of the time
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast