Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    Will PQA's still work on TREO 300 or do you need to install some type of software
    Yes, they will after you install the wireless files from Palm VII... Search the forum for details on how to do this...
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    I did not have a Palm VII before, I used Omnisky /Earthlink and the system can make use PA's. But the modem system was property of Omnisky
    PQA's work, but you have to gain access to a hidden menu to change the proxy server settings. There are a couple of threads (on other Treo boards) which give detailed instructions on how to do this. Do a search for PQA or Web Clipping and you should find your way.
    A hint related to the other postings on this topic. I believe the iNetLib (Network Library) file from the Palm Mobile Internet kit should not be installed on the Treo. Use all the other files but leave this one out. There is a later NetLib 3.5 file already on Treos.
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    Where is that netlib file located at, so it can be deleted before installing it
    If anyone is willing to send me the files I will put them up on a web site
    http://www.golddave.com/palm/howto/u..._palm_vii.html

Gives you everything you need, files included, to get PQAs on the Treo 300.
    My Treo 300 is working great now with PQA

Thanks, everyone
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    Thanks Stockexchanger, great tip. Maybe you can tell from your past experience if I load the PQA from Efax , do I need to do changes. Beacuse it loads and try to connect but with no luck. With my Omnisky I did not have any issue.
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    JohnPalm, can you tell me what PQA are you running succesfully. I cannot get any to work.
    I recently got my 300 and since it replaces a Palm VII I thought the first thing to do was to get PQAs working.

I've searched the board and after installing the various libraries as described in other threads I am getting an immediate fatal alert that requires a reset to clear. Anyone else running into this? The actual message is:

"FatalAlert

SystemMgr.c, Line:154, Unimplemented

[RESET]"

TIA, -Juan
    Follow the detailed insturctions available at www.woggledog.com. Click on the PQA link.

Originally posted by jmunguia
    I recently got my 300 and since it replaces a Palm VII I thought the first thing to do was to get PQAs working.

I've searched the board and after installing the various libraries as described in other threads I am getting an immediate fatal alert that requires a reset to clear. Anyone else running into this? The actual message is:

"FatalAlert

SystemMgr.c, Line:154, Unimplemented

[RESET]"

TIA, -Juan
    Verio, I am not sure about Efax but scroll back, I did notice a discussion thread about it a week or so ago.

Sorry can't help you!
    would someone mind explaining what a PQA is, briefly? I know it is some sort of web clipping, but what exactly does it do and what are it's advantages?

Thanks, in advance.
    From Intranet Journal

Concepts: Web Clipping and PQA

A Palm Query Application (PQA) is an application that can be installed on a Palm in the same way as any other application. It is like a special mini-Web application:

It is made up of a set of pages and images stored locally on the client side.
    It can send a query to a Web server that will send back a page in the form of a Web Clipping.

For the definition of a Web Clipping, just reverse the order of the above sentence: a Web Clipping is a page sent by a Web server in response to a query from a PQA.

Web Clipping pages and PQA pages are HTML pages; more precisely, they use a subset of HTML 3.2. To be read by the Palm, the HTML pages are compiled.

The local PQA pages are compiled by the Query Application Builder (QAB) tool before the application is installed on the device.
    The Web Clipping pages are compiled on the fly by a Palm.net proxy.

1: The PQA requires a page that is not stored locally, and sends a query via the Wireless network (BellSouth for the USA, for example). The packet containing the query is compressed.

2: The query passes via a Palm.net Web Clipping proxy, which translates the compressed packet into an HTTP query to the Web server.

3: The Web server sends back a Web Clipping. This page may be either static or dynamic.

4: The proxy compresses the HTTP response and sends it to the Palm client.
    Originally posted by yardie
    Follow the detailed insturctions available at www.woggledog.com. Click on the PQA link.

That site is down right now but I remember looking through there while trying to do this.

Still not working for me. I've even gone ahead a done a hard reset, re-installed the files, then after a reset, a PQA and get the immediate reset. Argggg!

Thanks, -Juan
    I get the same error mentioned below on the 300

SystemMgr.c,line 154 unimplimented

They work just great on my old 180

Someone mentioned they got it working on the 300, can you please post how you did it?

thanks!

phil

Originally posted by jmunguia

That site is down right now but I remember looking through there while trying to do this.

Still not working for me. I've even gone ahead a done a hard reset, re-installed the files, then after a reset, a PQA and get the immediate reset. Argggg!

Thanks, -Juan