1.    #1  
    I just talked to voicestream again. The GPRS works on the nertwork and works fine with other phones. Its the Handspring patch that is not there. I am on my third treo. How many of you that have paid over $500 dollars for your treo think that a Class action suit would get Handspring to stop stalling and get you the GPRS Patch you were promised?

Ideawizard
    God knows that I am very disappointed with Treo in general, and the absence of GPRS is one of the main reasons!

But on which ground would you sue Handspring?
    They say that they will provide their customers with a GPRS upgrade.
    If you check their site, they are very careful not to give any date, just say later in 2002.

Treo 270 could be a great device. If it was finished.
    I am very confident that Handspring will deliver for their projected release date, end of 3Q this year. The upgrade needed much work, but it's being improved rapidly. The thing is, this has to be a very smooth upgrade, not to damage your device, and to work with a variety of configs.
    There is nothing in the EULA or product documentation which states GPRS was ever part of your initial purchase, and was clearly a future update.
    BE patient. Finishing touches are being made.
    It is good to read your comforting words. Can you also comment on one or two other things. Does this mean that Hand gprs patch will work through blazer and function across multiple networks. I assume this will give a substantial leg up over the people who buy their gprs out the box like Sony? Can you also help me understand the thinking behind Hand licensing their blazer platform to Samsung and Kyo?

Thanks for your help.
    Originally posted by ideawizard
    I just talked to voicestream again. The GPRS works on the nertwork and works fine with other phones. Its the Handspring patch that is not there. I am on my third treo. How many of you that have paid over $500 dollars for your treo think that a Class action suit would get Handspring to stop stalling and get you the GPRS Patch you were promised?

Ideawizard

Why not. It's the American way.......
    Ed
    Visor Deluxe, Prism, Visorphone, Treo 270, Treo 600, Treo 650, and am eagerly waiting for the next generation Treo...but wait...is that the iPhone????
    I would not support class action lawsuit at all. Handspring only said that it was GPRS upgradeable, and that a patch would be made in the future. Infact the GPRS patch is made, but now is takign a lot of time getting certified by ALL wireless carriers of the Treo. Handspring can't just give Voicestream users GPRS - it would get all to complicated. When the providers have certified that it is ok on their networks, Handspring will launch it.
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    Originally posted by Treo Rat

Why not. It's the American way.......
    So let's change the American way... which is becoming real sick!

Nobody forced us to buy a Treo.
    It was our free choice.

If you're not happy with it (and I know I am not, what's more I don't buy Handspring explanations - sorry Miradu...), than shift to a different device or wait until Handspring finally comes with the announced patch.

Sueing all the time does not make things better.
    It is a sick way to try to make easy money.
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $you$ $should$ $be$ $able$ $to$ $roam$ ($at$ $least$ $in$ $the$ $US$) $with$ $the$ $GPRS$ $once$ $it$ $is$ $released$.

Handspring licenses Blazer to Sprint which give it away with their Palm OS smartphones. They do not license Blazer to Samsung and Kyocera directly.

Originally posted by rvwink
    It is good to read your comforting words. Can you also comment on one or two other things. Does this mean that Hand gprs patch will work through blazer and function across multiple networks. I assume this will give a substantial leg up over the people who buy their gprs out the box like Sony? Can you also help me understand the thinking behind Hand licensing their blazer platform to Samsung and Kyo?

Thanks for your help.
    Amen to that! I am going to go insane if I see the term Class Action Lawsuit again!

Originally posted by dennis3232

Sueing all the time does not make things better.
    It is a sick way to try to make easy money.
    I'm on the side of everyone else. First, how much money could you possibly get? Not much. The only people that would come out ahead are the lawyers. Second, what makes you think they will never release the patch? They never made a binding statement as to the release date. Finally, word is the patch is almost done, but the carriers won't certify it. So the target of your misplaced greed shouldn't even be Handspring.
    I can not wait any longer Im selling my Treo and go to buy a Fujitsu Siemens Pocket Loox and a GPRS Bluetooth Phone

cu orangebutton
    Slower than my NR70 was but i love my Treo 270......
    Originally posted by orangebutton
    I can not wait any longer Im selling my Treo and go to buy a Fujitsu Siemens Pocket Loox and a GPRS Bluetooth Phone

cu orangebutton
    Be Careful in doing so I bought one and is a s big as a Brick !!!
    I have seen several statements from people who are in a position to know that the gprs patch is completed and awaiting certification. The certification is expected in September. I suggest a little more patience, because I think you will find that there is "no place like Hand".