Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    When I had Omnisky , there was like a EFAX web clipping version which allowed to compose faxes on the run. This is one feature that I really missed. Anyone know of any plug ins that will allow this on the TREO via blazer????.
    You don't need any additional applications, actually. You can send a fax via eFax through regular E-mail. Here's the eFax info on it: http://www.efax.com/help/mailfax/mf_email.html
    Efax does not currently work with the palm OS platform. I t would be great if it did. My Treo would be complete! I have inquired with Efax and sent a request to the development dept.
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    I had my EFAX PQA working with a Handspring visor and a Omnisky wireless modem. But for some reason I cannot get to connect with my TREO 300 loaded with the EFAX PQA>
    Originally posted by veroi
    I had my EFAX PQA working with a Handspring visor and a Omnisky wireless modem. But for some reason I cannot get to connect with my TREO 300 loaded with the EFAX PQA>
    where did you get the EFAX pqa?
    Didn't know that it existed until now, but here it is: http://go-concepts.pda.tucows.com/pa...iew/59965.html . I'm going to install it now and see if it works.

Dunc
    help me understand the need for eFax via the Treo - ? I think the last time I sent a fax to someone (which was a paper contract, and thus not relevant to an electronic device) was 2 yrs ago.

Tell me the application. Do you just want to fire off some quick text to someone via fax? Just curious....
    You may very well not have a need for it. But it's like VNC, etc. in a crunch it can help you. I would never use the Treo VNC client as a primary tool, it's way too tough on the small screen. But I've restarted databases, and services using it several times now. Similarily I would never use the eFax PQA as my primary eFax viewer; however, if I'm on the road and need to look at something that I've been sent - before forwarding it on - then it fits the bill. It's all about making life easier. If I have an app, irregardless of what it is, that helps me (at any time) then it's worth it.

My soap box stand aside... I haven't gotten the eFax PQA to work yet - it keeps timing out.

Dunc
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    I have used EFAX to send faxes to small companies that want to receive an authorization for an order or something via "hardcopy" and a fax has always help me when I am out on the road. I have also companies send me faxes on issues, but when I know I will not be back in my office I just give them my EFAX and voila I received on the road.

It might not suit everyone, but EFAX and PFax by Rovenet work for me
    Originally posted by Dunc
    Didn't know that it existed until now, but here it is: http://go-concepts.pda.tucows.com/pa...iew/59965.html . I'm going to install it now and see if it works.

Dunc
    You are the man!!!
    I have everything I need on my 270 and have been stressing on how to get my efax's since June!!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Greg
    so do you guys mainly use it as a reader for faxes that have come into your eFax mailbox? A quick check of the doc, while mobile?
    I used to use eFax before, but really didn't get a lot of faxes...so there you go. I always want to see how other people function.
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    Just to make everyone aware, EFAX will not work with the TREO and I received an e-mail while back that they would not support the TREO, don't ask me WHY??.

That is why! in a previous post I indicated Rovenet PFAX as that is what I am using at the present time.
    Can't seem to get it to log in. I get an error code:
    "Gateway Timeout (504)".
    Any ideas?

Greg
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    That is the error you will always get. So If I were you I would send an e-mail to the EFAX fols to see if like that they will support the TREO or just get PFAX
    Thanks,
    I've called them on a number of occasions and asked when, if ever would they support a mobile solution. They didn't know but would forward my suggestion to development.

Pfax works good for you?
    They charge a per fax fee like Efax right?

Thanks

Greg
    Originally posted by nrosser
    so do you guys mainly use it as a reader for faxes that have come into your eFax mailbox? A quick check of the doc, while mobile?
    I used to use eFax before, but really didn't get a lot of faxes...so there you go. I always want to see how other people function.
    I use efax as my one and only fax, both for incoming and outgoing. I often use it to receive signed contracts, NDAs, etc. On the incoming ones, I usually convert them to .pdf so I can send them on to others. On the outgoing, I simply open the doc, go to "Print", and choose the efax conduit. Presto, change-o!

Would be really cool to be able to read them from my 300...i'm not holding my breath, though.
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    PFAX subscription opens up an account with $15 and then each fax you send is payed out of that anount.
    I don't really care so much to send faxes. What I really want is the ability to receive and view faxes on my Treo. Reading the software description of PFAX I can assume that you can read faxes sent to the Treo?
    The only other way that I have figured out the best way to receive my efax's on the Treo is to use an email client like basejet that supports tif files. That way I can have the efaxs sent as tif attachments. Now unfortunately my problem is that I need an email client that supports SSL and SMTP authentication...neither BAsejet nor Snappermail allow that unless I missed something.
    Basejet supports .tif files and Snappermail doesn't...yet

Greg