1.    #1  
    I am having a problem - being a technically savvy person, I can't believe I am having trouble but:

I have a corporate email account (pop3) and a couple of other email accounts (also POP3) accounts and want to be able to send and recieve email from my Treo to and from any of those accounts and have everything synce to my laptop when I perform a sync.

It appears that Treo Mail and Business COnnection work with Exchange rather than standard POP and stadalone MS Outlook installations...what do I do to accomplish what I am trying to do.

Help is GREATLY appreciated.

Mike
    Originally posted by mikebush80
    I am having a problem - being a technically savvy person, I can't believe I am having trouble but:

I have a corporate email account (pop3) and a couple of other email accounts (also POP3) accounts and want to be able to send and recieve email from my Treo to and from any of those accounts and have everything synce to my laptop when I perform a sync.

It appears that Treo Mail and Business COnnection work with Exchange rather than standard POP and stadalone MS Outlook installations...what do I do to accomplish what I am trying to do.

Help is GREATLY appreciated.

Mike
    I cannot speak to Treo Mail. In terms of Business Connection, you can configure it to retrieve mail from POP3 accounts and view the POP3 accounts via logging on to BC from the Blazer browser on the Treo. The syncing of email between your desktop running the BC software and your Treo can only occur if your company is running Outlook with an Exchange server, Notes with a Domino server or an IMAP server. Additionally, for the syncing to occur either your PC has to be active on the office network or someone in your office who is also a SPCS customer with BC software running on their desktop and the two of you have granted each other access rights.
  3.    #3  
    So I guess the best way to use the mail system is to set up the POP mail account on my Treo and set up to sync with my Outlook. This would allow me to send and recieve email if I choose with my Treo - like when I am out of the office - but I could always be in sync with my desktop.

What do you think?
    Originally posted by enagel

I cannot speak to Treo Mail. In terms of Business Connection, you can configure it to retrieve mail from POP3 accounts and view the POP3 accounts via logging on to BC from the Blazer browser on the Treo. The syncing of email between your desktop running the BC software and your Treo can only occur if your company is running Outlook with an Exchange server, Notes with a Domino server or an IMAP server. Additionally, for the syncing to occur either your PC has to be active on the office network or someone in your office who is also a SPCS customer with BC software running on their desktop and the two of you have granted each other access rights.
    I thought the same thingtoo. My work does not have an exchange server but we use Outlook. So I click on it, tried it out and behold, it worked. While I cannot get my contacts or my address book I do have access to my inbox and all sync functions work. Even sending an attachment from my office computer works. Go figure.....
    Originally posted by mikebush80
    So I guess the best way to use the mail system is to set up the POP mail account on my Treo and set up to sync with my Outlook. This would allow me to send and recieve email if I choose with my Treo - like when I am out of the office - but I could always be in sync with my desktop.

What do you think?
    I use the BC software and the BC Treo applet to sync my mail with my office Outlook. I then have Eudora running on the Treo to retrieve my personal POP3 accounts. It's worked fine for my needs.