Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    I have a Sprint Centro, with the Palm Messaging app (about shows ver 2.7). I was deleting several messages the other day, including some unread messages.

The counter, in both the Messaging app shows one new/unread message (eg., Inbox 1/180), and the icon in the Phone App also shows 1 alongside the green/red and blue icon. But there are no unread messages.

Is there a way I reset this? I searched and couldn't find anything on here.
    Last edited by Miner; 09/01/2010 at 10:07 AM. Reason: Edit spelling in title
    Try going to the messages, and pushing up on the D-pad from the top message to move the cursor to the "Inbox (1/xxx)" drop-down. I don't know why, but this will put the count down to 0, and should get rid of your unread counter. At least until another new message comes in.
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    Thanks. The cause was actually an unread message from long ago. How or why that message ever got to be unread is a mystery, the counter always showed zero before (when I had read all incoming messages).
    Quote Originally Posted by TJSunDevil View Post
    Try going to the messages, and pushing up on the D-pad from the top message to move the cursor to the "Inbox (1/xxx)" drop-down. I don't know why, but this will put the count down to 0, and should get rid of your unread counter. At least until another new message comes in.
    this did not work for me... help!!! any other ideas? stills says 1 unread message.