1.    #1  
    Hello all,

I've been trying to get a grasp on what's going on with SMS, Text Messaging, and with the PCS Vision Website. Here's what I got so far, can anybody chime in to let me know if they got similar info?

<youphonenumber>@messaging.sprintpcs.com is your text messaging address and NOT your SMS address

<yourvisionuserID>@sprintpcs.com is your SMS address

There are many people here, myself included, that do not have the option to "Change PCS Vision Password" in order to be able to log in to the Vision website. Apparently, this happens if you had Wireless Web on your old 2G plan. There was some issue with matching up usernames and passwords and as a result, Sprint shut the vision website down to those set of people. The CSRs I've spoken all have no idea when the problem will be fixed, he just knows that "they've been working on it for a few days."

So, does that jive with what other people have been hearing? Will we be able to send SMS messages through the web site when they get this whole thing cleared up?
    That syncs with my experience.
    I think that's backwards. number@messaging.sprintpcs.com goes to a email/sms gateway, hence why programs like treomail that'll send sms alerts need your number.

Adam
    Adam Mazza
    Originally posted by pc132
    Hello all,

I've been trying to get a grasp on what's going on with SMS, Text Messaging, and with the PCS Vision Website. Here's what I got so far, can anybody chime in to let me know if they got similar info?

<youphonenumber>@messaging.sprintpcs.com is your text messaging address and NOT your SMS address

<yourvisionuserID>@sprintpcs.com is your SMS address

There are many people here, myself included, that do not have the option to "Change PCS Vision Password" in order to be able to log in to the Vision website. Apparently, this happens if you had Wireless Web on your old 2G plan. There was some issue with matching up usernames and passwords and as a result, Sprint shut the vision website down to those set of people. The CSRs I've spoken all have no idea when the problem will be fixed, he just knows that "they've been working on it for a few days."

So, does that jive with what other people have been hearing? Will we be able to send SMS messages through the web site when they get this whole thing cleared up?
    sending a message to <youphonenumber>@messaging.sprintpcs.com

Get's right to the phone with the actual message being there, rather then a link to a website that doesn't let you in. But, of course, you can't reply to this message...That would be too cool.
    To chance PCS Vision password sign up on your old phone number ans password, go to My Profile, under Settings and Preferences select more, then go to Change PCS VisionUser Name & PCS Vision password. You can change your password there. Haven't been able to change user name. You must also change password at the Network Preferences on your Treo. Hope this helps.
    Originally posted by drsmitty
    To chance PCS Vision password sign up on your old phone number ans password, go to My Profile, under Settings and Preferences select more, then go to Change PCS VisionUser Name & PCS Vision password. You can change your password there. Haven't been able to change user name. You must also change password at the Network Preferences on your Treo. Hope this helps.
    But there isn't anything on that page about Vision
    When I select more from Settings and Preferences I get a new page with the headings Personal Settings, Account Settings, Passwords and Access, and Sprint PCS services. Under Passwords and settings I have an option to change PCS Vision user name and PCS Vision password. This is what shows on my page. I have successfully changed the password.
    Originally posted by drsmitty
    When I select more from Settings and Preferences I get a new page with the headings Personal Settings, Account Settings, Passwords and Access, and Sprint PCS services. Under Passwords and settings I have an option to change PCS Vision user name and PCS Vision password. This is what shows on my page. I have successfully changed the password.
    This might just be my problem. I don't have Vision information there.
    that will work if you are able to see "change your vision password" under preferences. Unfortunately, a number of us still do not show that option under My Account. I was a former 2g wireless web user, and as someone has already posted, I think these people are having trouble with the vision login issue.

However, I've been able to set up SMS and change my @sprintpcs.com e-mail name and receive e-mail, sms, and auto notification of sprintpcs e-mail by doing the following:

Login to Sprintpcs.com using your phone number and old (2g) password. Next go to "my profile" and click on e-mail on the left. It will ask you to 'sign up' for wireless web mail. Here, I input my old 2g screenname which it accepted. You need only to do this once, even though upon revisiting this part of the website, you will be asked once again to "sign up".

Now, as far as setting up the retrieval/notification options, you need to log in to sprint's 3g, as someone put it "back door", using the following http://ucweb.uc.sprintpcs.com/waimea...tml/login.html

Login here and using the screenname and password that you just entered under sign-up to access notification features.

Good luck!
    Originally posted by finadvsr
    that will work if you are able to see "change your vision password" under preferences. Unfortunately, a number of us still do not show that option under My Account. I was a former 2g wireless web user, and as someone has already posted, I think these people are having trouble with the vision login issue.

However, I've been able to set up SMS and change my @sprintpcs.com e-mail name and receive e-mail, sms, and auto notification of sprintpcs e-mail by doing the following:

Login to Sprintpcs.com using your phone number and old (2g) password. Next go to "my profile" and click on e-mail on the left. It will ask you to 'sign up' for wireless web mail. Here, I input my old 2g screenname which it accepted. You need only to do this once, even though upon revisiting this part of the website, you will be asked once again to "sign up".

Now, as far as setting up the retrieval/notification options, you need to log in to sprint's 3g, as someone put it "back door", using the following http://ucweb.uc.sprintpcs.com/waimea...tml/login.html

Login here and using the screenname and password that you just entered under sign-up to access notification features.

Good luck!
    That's nice enough to take me to a page with nothing loaded on it... :-(
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    Can you send someone an SMS from the TREO300, like you in the other phones. If so were is the compose SMS button
    Can you send someone an SMS from the TREO300, like you in the other phones. If so were is the compose SMS button
    Sprint does not support send SMS from the phone. Only receive. You have to go to the website to send. Very suck-o!

elo
    Hello, I'm contemplating getting a Treo 300 next month. If all I wanted was to be able to receive the text messages (similar to a pager) and perform phone calls, which of the Sprint plans would I choose? I do know that if I used web service, I'd have to get one of the sprint PCS vision plans. Can someone help me understand what plan I would need for phone and text messaging? Thanks
    I have not been able to access sms or sprint email. i spoke with sprint tech support and they said the Treo can not do that and i have to use eudora or something else.

i have seen that some people ahve indicated that they can do this, can anyone who has this sorking tell me how.

if i can't do this, i'm returning my treo.
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by finadvsr
    [B]that will work if you are able to see "change your vision password" under preferences. Unfortunately, a number of us still do not show that option under My Account. I was a former 2g wireless web user, and as someone has already posted, I think these people are having trouble with the vision login issue.

Good luck!

<That didn't work for me, unfortunately. When I get to the sign up for email page, and input my old user id, it comes back with "Unable to create new PCS Mail account.Please try again later.
    We're sorry, your Planner data is unavailable at this time. Please try again later. "

This is what I've been getting from the very beginning. I'm one of those that had a 2G web account, and they haven't been able to get it fixed yet.

On the plus side, I do have web browsing capabilities, and I signed up for Treo Mail, which appears to work as advertised. Since I get 30 days free, I'll wait to see when Sprint gets their email working, and then compare the two.>
    The MAIN reason I purchase this overpriced PDA is for the very purpose of recieving and RESPONDING TO %^&(*()%ing SMS! I cannot believe this. Surely to GOODNESS someone at Spring or Independent company will allow me to easily respond to SMS. Well i feel a little better.
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by sbcrair
    [B]
    Originally posted by finadvsr

Good luck!

<That didn't work for me, unfortunately. When I get to the sign up for email page, and input my old user id, it comes back with "Unable to create new PCS Mail account.Please try again later.
    We're sorry, your Planner data is unavailable at this time. Please try again later. "

This is what I've been getting from the very beginning. I'm one of those that had a 2G web account, and they haven't been able to get it fixed yet.

On the plus side, I do have web browsing capabilities, and I signed up for Treo Mail, which appears to work as advertised. Since I get 30 days free, I'll wait to see when Sprint gets their email working, and then compare the two.>
    I got it worse than that...

I do NOT see anything that has to do with vision on the regular side.. I am an old 2G user... I see a nice blank space in one of the 4 lines of "changes" but that is about it.

Sometimes it says the whole site is down also.

When I go to mail, I get ONE of the following:

1) Sign up screen like I never had mail.. I click sign on and get a message that it Can not access mail accounts...

2) A weird screen with palceholders for graphics saying that mail is down.

3) A message with my OLD 2G username/email @sprintpcs.com (which i want to use) that says the name has been reserved for me and to enter a password.. I enter the password THEN it says can not access email..

4) Same as #3 but instead it says something like we are working ony our email account and it will be enabled shortly... haven't got that for a few days.

I want and need my OLD ID @sprintpcs.com not this new one they gave me and email to go along with it....

Hope they will fix all this and soon its been not one but TWO weeks now!!

Anyone else getting any problems like that