1.    #1  
    I presently own the Samsung i300 which I am fairly happy with. The sound quality is great. I remember reading a review of the handspring phones when they first came out and the sound quality was rated as fairly poor. What is the experience so far of users of the Treo 300?

Thanks

Peter
    pwc@itsa.ucsf.edu???
    Peter
    pwc@itsa.ucsf.edu
    I had an i300. Do you think the sound is great? I thought it was ok, but my older 6035 was imho much better (certainly for the person on the other side). I think the sound quality on the treo 300 (for the person on the other side) is much better than the i300. For the person using the phone, I think the treo is fine if you turn the volume down a notch.
    Though I like almost everything else about my new Treo 300, I think the sound quality is crap.

It's only got 3 horizontal little holes up top, (the listening area when flipped open), so if the top of your ear touches it... NO SOUND! (Because the fleshy part of your earlobe is covering all holes.)

There's no area to put your ear, so you kinda have to angle the phone to point into your ear. A bump of an inch either way means you can't hear the person.

Really bad.

If you get the Treo 300, plan on using a headset as much as possible.
    Originally posted by bizyback
    Though I like almost everything else about my new Treo 300, I think the sound quality is crap.

It's only got 3 horizontal little holes up top, (the listening area when flipped open), so if the top of your ear touches it... NO SOUND! (Because the fleshy part of your earlobe is covering all holes.)

There's no area to put your ear, so you kinda have to angle the phone to point into your ear. A bump of an inch either way means you can't hear the person.

Really bad.

I agree the sound quality sucks especially for a $500 product.
    Originally posted by bizyback

Really bad.

I wouldn't say it sucks, but it's not wonderful. I think the volume could be a tab bit louder. I haven't tried the headsset, but I'm guessing that's just the same.
    i agree the sound quality is ****e!! does anyone know of an aftermarket hearing aid compatible with the treo?!!! anyway, seriouslly though i managed to pry away the panel where the speaker is (too easy) to spy the speaker. it looks easily replaceable. anyone know tech info on this? can it be replaced? well i'm going to my electronic mechanic tomorrow to find out. i'll let you know;
    Boy, you guys must be really hard to please!!

I think the sound quality is okay. I have had better and worse. All in all, it certainly isn't a deal breaker for this great product.