1.    #1  
    You know what would be nice? After dialing a call (from the address book, speed dial buttons, and call log) if the phone would automatically switch to the keypad. I'd say that I have to use the keypad for about 50% of the calls that I make, so I'm invaribly hitting the phone button to toggle displays so that I can key things in. A hack would be nice here.

Anyone know what's up with ringtones and the 300? Is it so radically different that nothing will work? Can that really be? Assuming someone ports a ring manager app to it (soon) let me ask this - can I run some utility to convert my own wavs, mp3s, etc. into ringer files? Or am I stuck downloading from here or the like?

One more thing - the USB charging (all in one) cable that is on eBay... It says it works with the Treo 90, 180 and 270. But of course not the 300. Again, are we talking radically different charging systems here?

Thanks,

Dunc
    i completely agree. so many customer service or company voicemail systems require this, i'm having this issue all the time
    I am really not having this issue, if that interests anyone. When on a call, the keyboard is in "blue dot" mode, so to access telephone menu's you just hit the appropriate numbered key on the keyboard. Sorry to hear that's cramping anyone's style.
    Originally posted by longday
    I am really not having this issue, if that interests anyone. When on a call, the keyboard is in "blue dot" mode, so to access telephone menu's you just hit the appropriate numbered key on the keyboard. Sorry to hear that's cramping anyone's style.
    Yeah that works pretty good if you're a 7 year old girl. The average adult finger is too big to dial from the "blue keys"
  5.    #5  
    Ha - 7 year old girl. Yeah, I don't think the keyboard is a workable solution for the phone systems I deal with. I want the keypad to turn on automatically.

Actually, I think the whole thing should be configurable. Why should it have to default to speed dial? There's probably people who would prefer it to start on the keypad when you open the lid, or launch the phone app. Others might want it to start in the address book - those should be simple hacks.

Dunc
    I agree with making it configurable, though I disagree that you need to be a 7 year old girl. I think having just a bit of usable finger nail goes a long wayin using the keyboard
    For me, using the keypad on the thumboard while in a call in just counterintuitive. I like the keypad on the screen better.....but as human beings, we have all shown our ability to adapt. I will try to remember the keyboard when I am in a call and change my behavior.....I too can change!