Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    does anyone use cases for their treo 300? id like a snug-fitting leather case.

so far i've seen the krusell cases for the treo 270 all over ebay (not sure if this fits the 300), the casetech III (built for the 300) and the handspring sport case (doesn't look too cool).

anyone have any reviews or comments about any of these case?
    Originally posted by spinfamous
    does anyone use cases for their treo 300? id like a snug-fitting leather case.

so far i've seen the krusell cases for the treo 270 all over ebay (not sure if this fits the 300), the casetech III (built for the 300) and the handspring sport case (doesn't look too cool).

anyone have any reviews or comments about any of these case?
    I've looked at all three and decided to order the Case Tech. The Handspring sport case is way too bulky as well as the attachment to your belt is poor. The Handspring holster leaves the front of the Treo open to bumps and scratches. The Krusell has the most protection (an inner and outer case) but from user reviews appears cumbersome to work with. Also, they have not done a specific 300 case as of yet.

That leaves me with the Case Tech which looks good as well as appears to do a decent job protecting the screen and the keyboard.

There appears to be two general styles of case regardless of manufacturer: one which the Treo slips into holding it in a sleeve or pocket from which you have to lift the Treo out in order to use it and the other which "attaches" to the Treo and is part of the Treo during use.
    I use the Handspring sport case. I like the non-conventional belt attachment because it fits on my belt, my knapsack or anything else with a loop.
    I got myself the "microleather phone case" from Brookstone. It fits exactly what you're asking for: a snug simple leather case that isn't bulky and doesn't stick out. Best of all, it's only $12.50

I like it because that Treo is then very unobtrusive, you don't advertise that fact that you're walking around with a $500 pda.

http://www.brookstone.com/shop/produ...rds=cell+phone
  5.    #5  
    ktabb-

great find. but does this thing actually fit the treo 300? it says its designed for a startac. those things are much smaller than the treos.
    Fits perfectly. I got it for my Treo 300 the day after I bought it (got it at an airport Brookstone). The sides have a black elastic expandable thing, so it's got some give in it. I think that it works well because it's tight enough so that the Treo 300 doesn't fall out if you turn it upside down (even without the flap closed), but you can easily pull the phone from it when you get a call.

If you like, do a search on this subject under Treo 270 (that's how I found out about it), there are a number of people that have it with the 270 and were happy with it.

Good luck
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Just adding my $0.02. I have the CaseTech case and really like it. I had never used a case before but wanted to protect my treo
    Anyone have a site so I can see the Case Tech, their main site says "it's coming soon"
    Originally posted by Q Man
    Anyone have a site so I can see the Case Tech, their main site says "it's coming soon"
    Try:http://www.casetechworks.com
    i've replaced my blackberry with the treo 300 and one nice side benefit is it fits perfectly in the old blackberry case. this likely means that other blackberry cases will fit the treo nicely, opening up more options
    I'm wondering why the belt clip on the Caseworks convertible has to be so large (on an otherwise seemingly perfect case)?

My current cell phone glove leather lambskin case has a very small but strong leather-covered metal clip sewn right into the leather on the back of the leather case. I've always felt the phone is very secure on my belt, yet the clip takes up almost no room at all.

The clip seems to be made of spring-steel, with the long back part sewn into the back of the case, and the part which clips to my belt has sort of a permanent spring-steel curve to it.

Wish I could figure out who made it so I could see if they make/will make one for the Treo - I remember buying it at the local Sprint store several years ago for only fifteen bucks!

Anybody have a clue where I could look on the web? Googling under "treo belt clip" got me some sites, but none displaying a product with a clip like the one I just described.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    I also have a CaseWorks 300 case, and I love it, although I do have a few minor gripes: the top corners and about half of the sides of the phone are left unprotected, and I also agree the clip is too bulky. It uses the same system like Vaja used to use on their cases - the metal stud sewn into the back of the case that clicks into the clip and spins freely.

The big problem with this setup is that CW put the stud right directly in the center, which means the phone never seems to stay in one position. I like mine in a horizontal position so the antenna doesn't jab me all the time...

I don't know about everyone else, but my clip button would sometimes accidentally get pressed when I sat down or bent down to pick something up, so I made a few modifications to my clip today, for those who are interested...

I took the thing apart, took out the weak springs on the sides that move the "wings" that hold the metal stud, and replaced them with two stiffer springs from some ballpoint pens. Now I really have to press the button to get the phone to release - much better IMHO...

I also fixed the problem with the phone not staying in the horizontal position. See, there is about 8-10 mm of space or play between the back of the phone and the flat part of the clip, so the phone was always wobbly and tended to lean forwards a bit. I tried two other clips I had that are the same, and they all had the play in them...so I went to Home Depot and bought a pack of "Self-Adhesive Vinyl Bumpers (3/8" X 10mm - SurfaceGard / 9964S)", similar to those found on the bottom of consumer electronics to keep them from sliding around...well, I put one bumper at the very center and bottom of the clip, right at the edge of the flat part before it tapers off. This fills the gap between the phone and clip now, plus it holds it in the horizontal position perfectly. Now my phone won't budge unless I actually try to remove it - Perfect!

Feel free to use my directions - just send check or money order to -- oh wait, I'm just kidding about the money...hehe! Hope this helps someone else out there...

CK
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    I have the casetechworks case on order but from www.bellagiodesigns.com for $15 less($25 including freight). I ordered it yesterday and am supposed to receive it Friday or Monday. I'll edit this with a service report.

I hate it when they want to make exorbitant profit on freight like casetechworks. They charge 1/3 the cost of the unit, $10, just to ship it.
    try the case ipod case made by apple. a little snug but a different option here's the url http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPL....27.8.3.7.13.0
    Does anyone know if Treo wearing the CaseTech case w/o clip will fit in the Handsring pouch? the iPod case?

I have the CaseTech case, but w/o the clip, and I like it. I don't want the button there when I place the Treo on a desk, for instance. I also don't care for the spin style clip.

It would be nice to find a pouch that will allow me to carry Treo on my belt with easy access. Op/Tech makes a neoprene one that is a little large. Still looking...
    check out http://www.tuff-as-nuts.com/TREO.html

Treo Nutshell is a great pouch-style case made from very high quality leather in New Zealand. Manufacturing quality is top notch. Stitching is great. No glue around the edges like some other cases. Fits the T300 very well.
    Best fitting case I looked at. Nice fit, access to the jack and jog, leather and only $12. Tight fit to the belt. Glad I amde the purchase.
    MRL-MO
    After reading the "Products and reviews" page on this site and learning about the one from Leather International <http://www.leatherintl.com/products/...?pid=145&id=87> , I ordered one and I love it. I spoke with a salesperson called Al. Good customer service and he sent it out same day. It's about 25 bucks, but I think it's worth it. The good standouts are that the Treo goes in sideways so when you pull it out its already in your hand in the position it should be. While it's in the holster you can still access the keys on top to cancel the ring or turn the phone on or off, and you can plug in your earpiece. I just looked at the Products and Reviews page on this site and it's still featured there. Check it out.
    I tried the CaseWorks case... didn't care for it (or it's swiveling beltclip).

Finally settled on the TESKI case. See the review on this site. Very nice.
    These look nice, but how in the heck do you answer a call without missing it???

Originally posted by stuartr
    I tried the CaseWorks case... didn't care for it (or it's swiveling beltclip).

Finally settled on the TESKI case. See the review on this site. Very nice.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast