Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    My treo didn't come with a plastic slip case. was yours a store special where they threw it in for free? or did it come in the actu treo box? also, when you say plastic slip case, do you mean plastic Clip case such as a holster?
    Yeah. I bought mine from Handspring and they threw in the plastic belt clip.
    Check this link http://www.treocentral.com/content/Stories/201-1.htm; this is the holster that came with my T300. Again, it is not much of a protection to the phone, but find the belt clip and easiness to access the phone a really plus. Wondered if anyone saw a protective case with the same belt clip.
    count me as a happy user of the treo sport case for day-to-day and the leather international for dress. i carry a hip pack daily so the sport case slips right on the nylon belt of the hip pack and it is well cushioned.

that said, i will be at a mall with a brookstone in a couple of weeks and will probably pick up one of those as well since the price seems right and everybody likes it so much...
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
    Originally posted by spinfamous
    does anyone use cases for their treo 300? id like a snug-fitting leather case.

so far i've seen the krusell cases for the treo 270 all over ebay (not sure if this fits the 300), the casetech III (built for the 300) and the handspring sport case (doesn't look too cool).

anyone have any reviews or comments about any of these case?

I have been using a leather holster made by TESKI leather for a while now. If one is serious about carrying solutions, I will highly reommend their holster. www.teski.com

Vinchi
    I also have the Teski case, and am very happy with it.

- Rich
    Posting my two cents worth..... after a lot of research I chose the Belkin leather case. Bought it from Circuit City. It is a great case, fits perfectly and has a nice closure. I can get at my Treo very easily and have had absolutely no problems with it. I particularly like the swivel action which allows you to reposition the unit when sitting in meetings or driving. Looks great too. Check it out. I believe their website shows the case.
    Hi,

I am considering the Case Techworks Treo III (300) Convertible Flip Case:

http://www.casetechworks.com/cgi-bin...ddb+1044876675

How much does it add to the thickness?

Thanks.
    Well, I would have to give a thumbs down to the Teski case. Very close to being a great design, but as it is I prefer to carry my Treo in my pocket than in this case.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    I just bought the Nutshell from Tuff as Nuts in New Zealand and I LOVE IT. Got it in about a week. I wear suits most work days and if fits close and looks good. The leather is very tough durable. I would highly recommend this case. I have the belt loop model and wear it sideways in the front.

http://www.tuff-as-nuts.com/
    Palm IIIx -> Sprint Treo 300 -> Sprint Treo 600 -> Verizon Treo 700P -> Verizon Motorola Moto Q 9m
    Jabra JX10 -> Motorola HS-850 -> Aliph Jawbone

Arizona Criminal Attorney |
    Arizona DUI Attorney
    Originally posted by Brooose
    I use the Handspring sport case. I like the non-conventional belt attachment because it fits on my belt, my knapsack or anything else with a loop.
    +1
    Originally posted by Sprinter
    Hi,

I am considering the Case Techworks Treo III (300) Convertible Flip Case:

http://www.casetechworks.com/cgi-bin...ddb+1044876675

How much does it add to the thickness?

Thanks.
    The cheesiest case I've ever used. I wouldn't recommend this case to anyone. The back piece isn't that bad, but the flip front is extremely cheap looking and simply doesn't work very well.
    Originally posted by TreoHappy

The cheesiest case I've ever used. I wouldn't recommend this case to anyone. The back piece isn't that bad, but the flip front is extremely cheap looking and simply doesn't work very well.
    Actually, I just recieved the caseworks case and I'm very pleased with it. It's not perfect, but I'd hardly call it 'cheesy'. Like others have mentioned, the clip is bulky, and I'd rather it have been the kind that clicks as it pivots so as to keep it's position.

I wanted something that would let me see caller info/appointment info without having to take the treo out of the case first. It seems like a very nice looking and functional case.
    Originally posted by plutocracy

Actually, I just recieved the caseworks case and I'm very pleased with it. It's not perfect, but I'd hardly call it 'cheesy'. Like others have mentioned, the clip is bulky, and I'd rather it have been the kind that clicks as it pivots so as to keep it's position.

I wanted something that would let me see caller info/appointment info without having to take the treo out of the case first. It seems like a very nice looking and functional case.
    How many millimeters does it add to the Treo 300's thickness?

Thanks!
    Originally posted by plutocracy

...and I'm very pleased with it. It's not perfect, but I'd hardly call it 'cheesy'. Like others have mentioned, the clip is bulky, and I'd rather it have been the kind that clicks as it pivots so as to keep it's position.

I have this one too... I don't use the front cover with it most of the time - don't really like it much, but the other part of it is great.

I agree on the pivoting aspect, but I have to admit I like the metal pin as opposed to plastic - much harder to snap. If they could make one that pivots and is still metal, I would buy another in a second.

Additionally, there is no easy way to get at the reset hole without pulling the treo out, so if I need to do a reset (which is becoming less and less often lately) I need to pull the treo out of the case first.

Otherwise, everything is extremely accessible on the unit and not too much bulkier than without the holder.
    I ordered the Treo III (300) Convertible Flip Case by Case Techworks right after it was released. I have been very pleased with it. The case has well protected the Treo 300 when I accidently dropped it.

I have the same recommendation that everybody else has for it: I like the metal button, but please make it a pivot instead of the position it is in now. I would suggest to move the metal button about 1cm above where it is currently positioned.

A second suggestion would be to add an easily removable snap to keep the lid closed from the bottom. Removable like the antenna snap-in piece that hold the Treo if you do not use the flip cover protector. This is if you do not want to use it. I have had the Treo lid be open because I brushed up against something that lifted the lid.

Does anybody else have futher suggestions for improving the Case Techworks next Treo 300 case?

Overall I have been very happy with the case.

Russell
    Originally posted by Fender Doc
    I ordered the Treo III (300) Convertible Flip Case by Case Techworks right after it was released. I have been very pleased with it. The case has well protected the Treo 300 when I accidently dropped it.

I have the same recommendation that everybody else has for it: I like the metal button, but please make it a pivot instead of the position it is in now. I would suggest to move the metal button about 1cm above where it is currently positioned.

A second suggestion would be to add an easily removable snap to keep the lid closed from the bottom. Removable like the antenna snap-in piece that hold the Treo if you do not use the flip cover protector. This is if you do not want to use it. I have had the Treo lid be open because I brushed up against something that lifted the lid.

Does anybody else have futher suggestions for improving the Case Techworks next Treo 300 case?

Overall I have been very happy with the case.

Russell
    They sell 2 versions:

"Treo III (300) Convertible Flip Case" and

"Treo III (300) Convertible Flip Case w/ belt clilp"

Does the version without the belt clip still have the metal button at the back? Or do they mean it is still the same case, but without the snap-on clip accessory?

I hope it does not have the metal button at all since I never hang my phone or PDA off my belt. I prefer it to be hidden in my front right pants pocket.

I sent them an e-mail but have not received a reply.
    Sprinter,

I have no idea if the non-clip version has the metal button or not. I doubt it.

Russell
    I would guess that it has a clip, but it is permanently attached - can't say for sure though - the pics aren't that detailed on the site
    Originally posted by Fender Doc
    Sprinter,

I have no idea if the non-clip version has the metal button or not. I doubt it.

Russell
    The second picture on this page appears to show no button:

http://www.the-gadgeteer.com/casetec...eo-review.html
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast