Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 86
  1. #41  
    Log another vote for the Brookstoe case... simple, elegant and cheap !!!
  2. #42  
    Originally posted by slffl
    I have a question for anyone with the Leather International case.

    Is it really made to clip on your right hip? If so, do you find it annoying as a right hander to always be taking it out with your right hand and switching it to your left hand in order to use the stylus?

    I would buy this in a second if it was made for right handers also (ie wear on your left hip and pull out with your left hand).
    I've worn it on both left and right. Personally like the right, because when getting out of the car, I sometimes get it caught on the seat (I have very tight bucket seats). Personal preference only. Works fine on both sides.
  3. #43  
    Originally posted by sanovak3681
    Log another vote for the Brookstoe case... simple, elegant and cheap !!!
    I too bought the Brookstone case and found it to be well-made, quality leather and construction, all at an incredibly reasonable price.

    However, after a few days, I concluded that using any case causes me to waste too much time fumbling to answer the phone before it goes into voicemail, and since the Treo is so much smaller and lighter than my Palm III or my last cell phone, I tried just carrying it in my right front pocket of either my suit pants or my jeans, and it works out perfectly this way for me, and makes me glad I didn't invest any more than this modest price to learn this lesson . . . IMHO, the best case for the Treo is no case at all.


    I concluded that I was in a case mentality mainly because of my experience with prior PDAs. But, in addition to its diminutive size and weight, the Treo protects itself so much better due to the lid that at least for me I prefer no case.

    And I was able to put my Brookstone case to use to carry my mp3 player, so I have no regrets over the experience!

    Regards,

    NateS

    Treo 600 - what a "Marvel"ous device!
  4. #44  
    The Treo is small enough to fit in a pocket, but the painted plastic gets too scuffed-up without protection. The best solution I've found is casetechworks. www.casetechworks.com. At $25 it looks good and adds minimal bulk.
  5. #45  
    Originally posted by Bluejay
    The Treo is small enough to fit in a pocket, but the painted plastic gets too scuffed-up without protection. The best solution I've found is casetechworks. www.casetechworks.com. At $25 it looks good and adds minimal bulk.
    That's a nice case, but wouldn't the scuffing only take place if you put other things, like coins, in the pocket with your Treo? I don't put anything else in that particular pocket - it's my "Treo pocket"

    Regards,

    NateS
    Treo 600 - what a "Marvel"ous device!
  6. #46  
    I just wanted to chime in like a number of others and say how great the Brookstone case is. I can't believe it wasn't made specifically for the Treo - it fits perfectly. The best phone case I've ever had and at $12.95 you can't beat the price.
  7. #47  
    Originally posted by chillg8r
    Yes, it has the same belt clip. Its the identical case.

    PS Bellagio has free shipping so its $15 cheaper!!!
    I got a Bellagio case today. It does NOT fit the treo 300. Unless you want to spend an hour stretching and messing around with it like I had to.

    Maybe they changed the style or whatnot, but it's also different along the bottom than the casetech picture. The plastic does not cover the bottom buttons, it only goes slightly over the corners.

    If your Bellagio case is the same as mine, please tell me how you got it to fit your treo 300.
  8. #48  
    Originally posted by NateS


    That's a nice case, but wouldn't the scuffing only take place if you put other things, like coins, in the pocket with your Treo? I don't put anything else in that particular pocket - it's my "Treo pocket"
    Hey, Nate, you might want to look into the Dockers Mobile khaki pants. It has 3 zipped pockets with one of them at thigh-high on the right leg. Here's a link to these khakis!

    http://www.visorcentral.com/content/...tsheet-391.htm
  9. chillg8r's Avatar
    Posts
    86 Posts
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    #49  
    Originally posted by potatoho


    I got a Bellagio case today. It does NOT fit the treo 300. Unless you want to spend an hour stretching and messing around with it like I had to.

    Maybe they changed the style or whatnot, but it's also different along the bottom than the casetech picture. The plastic does not cover the bottom buttons, it only goes slightly over the corners.

    If your Bellagio case is the same as mine, please tell me how you got it to fit your treo 300.
    I think you must have received the wrong case. The bellaio case I received is identical to the case teck picture and fits perfectly. Their customer service seems fine so give them a call.
  10. #50  
    Originally posted by chillg8r
    I think you must have received the wrong case. The bellaio case I received is identical to the case teck picture and fits perfectly. Their customer service seems fine so give them a call.
    That's what I'm wondering. I mean, it's the same case, but there's less plastic at the bottom. Truth be told, I wasn't too crazy about the idea that the buttons would be covered with plastic, so I'm not that upset about the case.

    It took a bit of manipulation (as it's very tight), and I decided to use a couple of drops of goop along the sides to keep it seated. Goop seems like good stuff for this, as it's very rubbery and easy to remove later.

    So yours has more plastic at the bottom? Or is it like mine:

    http://rallypilot.sourceforge.net/bb...gio_bottom.jpg
  11. #51  
    Count me among the Brookstone happy campers. It's amazing that this case was made for a star tac which is smaller than the Treo. Great case..even better price. I might buy a case specifically for my car. I'd like to get something that has a car clip option, so I can just pull my 300 out of the Brookstone and have it mounted and have "flip open" options. I am looking at the Krussel. Anyone car mount their case?
  12. #52  
    I purchased a universal car mount kit at Staples. It clips onto my air ducts. I stuck a very thin magnet (included) on the back of my Treo and now I just hang it off the piece om my dash. The mount is designed that if you want to us a clip on the back of yoor phone or if you have a little "knob" you can also use those methods. I'll try to get and post more info.

    Geoffrey
  13. chillg8r's Avatar
    Posts
    86 Posts
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    #53  
    Originally posted by potatoho


    That's what I'm wondering. I mean, it's the same case, but there's less plastic at the bottom. Truth be told, I wasn't too crazy about the idea that the buttons would be covered with plastic, so I'm not that upset about the case.

    It took a bit of manipulation (as it's very tight), and I decided to use a couple of drops of goop along the sides to keep it seated. Goop seems like good stuff for this, as it's very rubbery and easy to remove later.

    So yours has more plastic at the bottom? Or is it like mine:

    http://rallypilot.sourceforge.net/bb...gio_bottom.jpg

    Mine is the same as yours and the same as CaseTech's....its gotta e made in the same factory. BTW, the picture you link contradicts your discription...it does in fact cover the bottom buttons and if its so tight then why do you need goop?

    Mine was tight but after a few days is loosened up just the right amount.

    The only thing I don't like about the case is the clip but that has been addresses earlier....good luck.
  14. #54  
    Originally posted by chillg8r
    Mine is the same as yours and the same as CaseTech's....its gotta e made in the same factory. BTW, the picture you link contradicts your discription...it does in fact cover the bottom buttons and if its so tight then why do you need goop?

    Mine was tight but after a few days is loosened up just the right amount.

    The only thing I don't like about the case is the clip but that has been addresses earlier....good luck.
    I've uploaded a higher-res version of the picture. I respectfully request you to look again. The plastic is flush with the leather at the bottom and barely overlaps 1/8" of the corners. Without goop, the top strip of plastic would be covering the top row of buttons.

    http://rallypilot.sourceforge.net/bb...gio_bottom.jpg
  15. #55  
    I had to try it to believe it. The Brookstone case fits my 300 PERFECTLY. It's amazing. Looks slick, too. And you can't beat the price.

    However, the thing gets VERY bulky. I only use the case for work when I need to clip to my slacks. For jean-wearing weekends, I avoid the case and go straight to the pocket.
  16. chillg8r's Avatar
    Posts
    86 Posts
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    #56  
    Originally posted by potatoho


    I've uploaded a higher-res version of the picture. I respectfully request you to look again. The plastic is flush with the leather at the bottom and barely overlaps 1/8" of the corners. Without goop, the top strip of plastic would be covering the top row of buttons.

    http://rallypilot.sourceforge.net/bb...gio_bottom.jpg

    you are correct...my case looks EXACTLY like the Case Tech...
    http://www.casetechworks.com/cgi-bin...180+1038944053

    where the leather at the bottom is contoured to fit around the bottom corners and is rounded out to curve below the "scroll down" button. A perfect fit. IMHO . I believe you received the wrong case. The picture here:

    http://www.bellagiodesigns.com/Lista...Categoria_3=8&

    is what you should've received.

    Sorry if I came off as "righteous".
    Last edited by chillg8r; 12/03/2002 at 08:55 AM.
  17. jglev's Avatar
    Posts
    403 Posts
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    #57  
    I have the Bellagio case and mine looks like the photo EXCEPT that the plastic brace (for lack of anything better to call it) that goes above the top of the keyboard in the picture goes OVER the top row of keys on mine (and makes it difficult to type using the top row of keys). I wonder if my case is defective. Does anyone else have this problem?
    Jeff
  18. #58  
    Originally posted by chuhsi
    I only use the case for work when I need to clip to my slacks.
    Slacks!?! What are slacks?!? LOL

    D.
  19. #59  
    Originally posted by jglev
    I have the Bellagio case and mine looks like the photo EXCEPT that the plastic brace (for lack of anything better to call it) that goes above the top of the keyboard in the picture goes OVER the top row of keys on mine (and makes it difficult to type using the top row of keys). I wonder if my case is defective. Does anyone else have this problem?
    I guess there are two cases which Bellagio sends out. One apparently is exactly like the CaseTech, and one like you and I both got that fits too tightly to a Treo 300.

    Then again, CaseTech makes a specific one for the Treo 300 now, and we know that the Treo 300 is larger than the others, and contoured differently along the bottom.

    As I said, my Bellagio case ordered a couple of weeks ago (part # of box: TREO 180 Black - with swivel HS1001BL) needs to have a drop of Goop on each side in order to keep the plastic from sliding down over the keys.
  20. eure's Avatar
    Posts
    9 Posts
    #60  
    I bought my Treo 300 about a week ago and find the belt clip that came with it absolutely fantastic. I know it is not much of a case to protect the Treo, but I love the size of the belt clip. Having used other phones with the regular sized belt clips, I found this large belt clip very comfortable. I wonder if any of you have seen a protective case that combines both features, a nice looking protecting case with the large belt clip of the platic slip case that came with my Treo?

    BigE
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions