Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Got my new VAJA case and all I can say is awesome! Great fit! Quality all the way! www.vajacases.com I would still like to see a case that is wallet type so you do not have to remove the phone from the case. Similiar to a cellphone flip style leather case!
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Originally posted by stuartr
    I tried the CaseWorks case... didn't care for it (or it's swiveling beltclip).

Finally settled on the TESKI case. See the review on this site. Very nice.

Couldn't find the review...have a URL for either the review or their site?

Thanks,
    CK
    VAJA case... $50! That's out there in terms of price. Check out the Brookstone model for $12.
    MRL-MO
    The Teski case review is here http://www.treocentral.com/content/Stories/142-1.htm.

Geoffrey
    I've had the Vaja case for about a month now and have the following comments:

1. GREAT fit and finish....a very professional job. It'll last forever.
    2. Clip swivel is placed too low on the back at about the same place as the center of gravity of the case/Treo...so the thing swivels and stays in any position. I'd prefer the swivel placed higher so the center of gravity is lower and the case/Treo stays upright.
    3. The snap flap on my particular one is not that tight and comes unsnapped often during the day.
    4. I'd like it if the opening at the top (for the antenna) was larger so I could see the status light. It'd be nice too if there was an opening at the bottom for the charger/USB cable to be inserted without pulling the Treo out of the case.
    5. This is an EXTREMELY expensive case, made in Argentina.

I forwarded these comments to Vaja and they said they would take them under advisement for future models.
    I contacted Bellagio and was told by them that their case wouldn't fit the Treo 300. They also said that they knew nothing of the Case Techworks case, which I found odd since they look identical.

Geoffrey

Originally posted by chillg8r
    I have the casetechworks case on order but from www.bellagiodesigns.com for $15 less($25 including freight). I ordered it yesterday and am supposed to receive it Friday or Monday. I'll edit this with a service report.

I hate it when they want to make exorbitant profit on freight like casetechworks. They charge 1/3 the cost of the unit, $10, just to ship it.
    Originally posted by mlemke
    Best fitting case I looked at. Nice fit, access to the jack and jog, leather and only $12. Tight fit to the belt. Glad I amde the purchase.
    Ditto!

If you have a Brookstone in your area it would be worth the trip to take a look at one. If you like it, you can get it right then and there for just $12.50+tax. I'm sure the tax will be less than shipping for any of those other cases. Mine had a total cost of under $14.

You can see it here .

Mine stays on my hip. Never slipped .
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    I received the case from Bellagio Designs in 3 days as promised and it fits perfectly. I guess you got another well trained customer service "expert" that we are becomming accustomed to these days.
    I, too, got the Leatherworks Int'l/Teski case, and it works very well for me. It doesn't stick out too much from my side, holds the phone securely, you can get to all the top buttons, the plug for the headset, and even the reset hole without taking it out of the case. My only complaint is if you want to pull the 300 out of the case, the headset disconnects. But it's a very well built case, looks nice and works well. And for less than $30, it's a steal!
    Gang. I too have been debating what to get for my Treo, but unlike my experience with the i300 and the 6035, this time I decided to wait. Yesterday I was in Target (not Tar-jay because the item I bought was under $10). I saw that they had the stick on button for Nokia phones with the belt clip to hook it on. Up until now I have resisted this, but I noticed in this one that they also included a dashboard mount. The dashboard mound comes with a hinge type mount to take advantage of curves in your dash. Well, I decided to give it a whirl, and I think I am really going to love it!

Now I can carry the phone with very easy access from my belt, and when I get in the car, I just pop it into the car mount. My only fear has been and continue to be that the stick on button will falter causing the Treo to crash to the ground, but you know what? That's why I pay $4/month. For that piece of mind. I gotta tell you -- I HIGHLY recommend this item. So far, it is the best set up I've had since the old Star-Tac day with their awesome holster (that was included by the way!).

If anyone would like me to post a photo of this setup, I'd be happy to.

Craig
    "I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer."
    Well... Post the photo!
    MRL-MO
    Let's give it a try. Several photo's to follow.

Craig
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Here's with the Treo attached to dash.
    Here is the belt clip.
    And here is the Treo with the button attached.

Hope this helps!

Craig
    In case you want to buy, it is the CaseLogic Wireless Phone Belt/Dash Clip Combo. The size is Universal Including Nokia 3285,5100/6100 and I bought it for $7.99 I believe.

Craig
    Thanks a lot for the update. I'm so glad I have forums like this for information since the customer service reps all seem to know nothing.

Can you tell me whether this case from Bellagio also has the clip that some people seem to dislike, i.e., it's thicker than the 300 and placed so low that the phone spins a lot?

I think that I've finally narrowed down to this case, especially since it's $5 cheaper from Bellagio. I too am not happy with the shipping charges. Oh well!

Geoffrey

Originally posted by chillg8r
    I received the case from Bellagio Designs in 3 days as promised and it fits perfectly. I guess you got another well trained customer service "expert" that we are becomming accustomed to these days.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Yes, it has the same belt clip. Its the identical case.

PS Bellagio has free shipping so its $15 cheaper!!!

BTW, I went to Radio Shack and bought a plastic thingy for my dashboard for .97 that the belt clip can clip onto. Cheap and apparantly effective.
    My Nutshell case just arrived, and I am thrilled with it. Excellent quality and craftsmanship. I went with the belt loop model, instead of a belt clip, because I've ripped more than one phone off my belt when climbing into my car wearing a clip, button, or anything that sticks out very far. The belt loop holds the Treo close in to your waist, and protects it very well. Only down side to this model is you have to take your belt off to remove it, but that's not a big deal if you wear it all day. Overall, I've gone through a lot of cases for various devices, and this one is probably the best I've seen.
    I have a question for anyone with the Leather International case.

Is it really made to clip on your right hip? If so, do you find it annoying as a right hander to always be taking it out with your right hand and switching it to your left hand in order to use the stylus?

I would buy this in a second if it was made for right handers also (ie wear on your left hip and pull out with your left hand).
    Last edited by slffl; 11/19/2002 at 04:44 PM.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast