1.    #1  
    I just picked my 300 from Radio shack and after getting in the car I notice there is a Hotspot on the screen. It circular in shape in the top right corner. It is very bright compared to the rest of the dull screen! 4096k hmm.. that makes a huge difference!

Anyway today was my day off so I had plenty of time to kill. So went around Houston, to the sprint stores in my area. I physically put my hands on 6 Treo's today and all of them had the same problem! I'm still unsure if that's how they all come out of the box. Or is there a huge batch of Treo's in the Houston area that have defective screens?

I've used color Palms and I also sell them at work. I've never seen this occur on a normal Palm!

I got home too late to contact Handspring. I'll call them in the morning.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    " What would you attempt if you knew you couldn't fail?" - Robert Schuller -
    Thats one sick looking puppy. Mine doesn't look anything like that. I do have a very faint hotspot that I can make out if I look for it.

Is that what your phone looks like in real life?
    Originally posted by work_permit
    Thats one sick looking puppy. Mine doesn't look anything like that. I do have a very faint hotspot that I can make out if I look for it.

Is that what your phone looks like in real life?
    That is the backlight, and it looks like you have it turned up all the way.

Dim it ... damn it.

Gary
    I too have a hot spot, but not so "hot" as the one in your image. Not bothersome, just there.
    Kami
    i can't get mine to look like that no matter where I set the brightness
    Originally posted by Lkwan
    I just picked my 300 from Radio shack and after getting in the car I notice there is a Hotspot on the screen. It circular in shape in the top right corner. It is very bright compared to the rest of the dull screen!
    Every Treo I have seen (90 all the way to 300) has a brighter upper right corner. It appears from your photo that some screens show the bright spot more than others.
  7.    #7  
    The color of the screen is way off.. it' doesn't not acutally look like I showed the hotspot I'm talking about...

I took another pic but I corrected the WB and that made the hotspot not as visible.

If you look at the overall pic... Don't pay attention to the color of the image...

You'll notice that the entire screen equal in brightness across the entire screen. The hotspot is shown clearly in the pic.

In real life the white backgroud is a dull white. And the Hotspot is a bright white.
    " What would you attempt if you knew you couldn't fail?" - Robert Schuller -